Admission to the World Executive MBA program is competitive. Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of eight years of professional organizational experience, with three to five years in a managerial capacity preferred.
Although we accept applications on a rolling basis, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Deadlines for each round of application and tuition awards are listed below.
- Online application with $75 non-refundable application fee.
- If prompted by the application system to choose a concentration, please choose the “Signature” option.
- Statement of Purpose*
- Discuss why you have applied for an MBA, why you have applied to GW, and how completing an MBA aligns with your short- and long-term career aspirations. (Limit to 750 words)
- No other essays are required.
- Interview with an alumnus in your area. You will be contacted to schedule an interview.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
*Documents should be submitted through the online application system.
The deadlines to submit your application for The World Executive MBA Class, beginning August 2017, are detailed below.
Completed application may be submitted at any time before the final deadline. You are strongly encouraged to submit in earlier rounds, when the maximum number of class seats and scholarship awards are available.
|Round||Application Deadline||Interview Dates||Decisions Released||Deposit Due|
|1||12/1/2016||Dec. 10-15, 2016||12/30/2016||1/15/2017|
|2||2/1/2017||Feb. 10-15, 2017||2/28/2017||3/15/2017|
|3||4/1/2017*||April 10-15, 2017||4/30/2017||5/15/2017|
|4||5/1/2017||June 10-15, 2017||5/30/2017||
Admitted applicants pay a $1,500 deposit on or before the date(s) indicated. Deposits are non-refundable, but will be applied to your tuition account as credit when you enroll.
*If space is available.
Qualified applicants will be invited to interview after their application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Interviews play a critical role in our assessment of candidates and are required prior to admittance into the program.
When Should I Apply?
Candidates are encouraged to submit their application as early as possible prior to the deadline of each round. We encourage applicants to apply in the first or second round, as space in the class and potential tuition awards may be limited by the third round.
The George Washington University School of Business
World Executive MBA Program
2201 G Street NW, Duques Hall, Ste. 657
Washington, D.C. 20052
2201 G Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20052