The Master of Science in Project Management program is 33 credit hours long. Three-credit courses are a full semester long (14 weeks). Courses that are 1.5 credits are seven weeks in length and are offered either in the first or second half of a semester.
Students must successfully complete the following course and program requirements to be eligible for the MS in Project Management degree.
- Achieve at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average at the time of graduation.
- Complete all degree requirements within five (5) years.
Students must complete 33 credits of the following coursework to be eligible for graduation.
Core Courses | 30 Credits*
- DNSC 6202 | Statistics for Managers | 3 Credits
- DNSC 6247 | Organization, Management & Leadership | 3 Credits
- DNSC 6250 | Project Management Finance | 3 Credits
- DNSC 6254 | Risk Management | 1.5 Credits
- DNSC 6257 | Cost Estimation & Control | 1.5 Credits
- DNSC 6258 | Executive Decision Making | 1.5 Credits
- DNSC 6259 | Project Portfolio Management | 1.5 Credits
- DNSC 6261 | Introduction to Project Management | 3 Credits
- DNSC 6262 | Directed Computational Project Management | 3 Credits
- DNSC 6267 | Planning & Scheduling | 3 Credits
- DNSC 6269 | Project Management Application | 3 Credits
*Core courses may be waived based on previous academic coursework. See the MSPM Core Course Waiver Policy for details.
Decision Sciences Electives | 3 Credits
Decision Sciences electives must be fulfilled by completing 6000+ level courses designated as DNSC.
Electives | 3 Credits
Elective courses must be taken for a letter grade with the exception of courses taken at the GW Law School where courses are letter graded and then converted to a CR on the graduate transcript. Elective credits can be fulfilled by completing 6000+ level courses at GWU.
The MSPM degree can also be combined with a bachelor's degree through GWSB's new 4+1 Program, which enables students to complete both a bachelor's and a master's degree in five years.
MBA/Master of Science in Project Management
A minimum of 64.5 total credits are required for the dual MBA/MS in Project Management degree. Students share a maximum of 24 credits of graduate coursework between the two programs.
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- How to Apply
- MBA Programs
- Specialized Master's Programs
- Graduate & Professional Certificates
- Online Degrees
- Executive Education
- Doctoral Programs
GW SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
2201 G Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20052