The Master of Science in Project Management program is 36 credit hours long. Three-credit courses are a full semester long (14 weeks). Courses that are 1.5 credits are seven weeks in length and are offered either in the first or second half of a semester.
Students must successfully complete the following course and program requirements to be eligible for the MS in Project Management degree.
- Achieve at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average at the time of graduation.
- Complete all degree requirements within five (5) years.
Students must complete 36 credits of the following coursework to be eligible for graduation.
Core Courses | 30 Credits*
- DNSC 6202 | Statistics for Managers | 3 Credits
- DNSC 6247 | Organization, Management & Leadership | 3 Credits
- DNSC 6250 | Project Management Finance | 3 Credits
- DNSC 6251 | Optimization Models for Decision Making | 1.5 Credits
- DNSC 6252 | Risk Analysis for Decision Making | 1.5 Credits
- DNSC 6254 | Risk Management | 1.5 Credits
- DNSC 6257 | Cost Estimation & Control | 1.5 Credits
- DNSC 6258 | Executive Decision Making | 1.5 Credits
- DNSC 6259 | Project Portfolio Management | 1.5 Credits
- DNSC 6261 | Introduction to Project Management | 3 Credits
- DNSC 6262 | Directed Computational Project Management | 3 Credits
- DNSC 6267 | Planning & Scheduling | 3 Credits
- DNSC 6269 | Project Management Application | 3 Credits
*Core courses may be waived based on previous academic coursework. See the MSPM Core Course Waiver Policy for details.
Decision Sciences Electives | 3 Credits
Decision Sciences electives must be fulfilled by completing 6000+ level courses designated as DNSC.
Electives | 3 Credits
Elective courses must be taken for a letter grade with the exception of courses taken at the GW Law School where courses are letter graded and then converted to a CR on the graduate transcript. Elective credits can be fulfilled by completing 6000+ level courses at GWU.
- Current Undergraduate Students
- Current Graduate Students
- Academic Advising
- Academic Policies
- Class Registration
- Graduate Certificate Admissions
- MBA Programs Degree Requirements
- Specialized Master's Programs Degree Requirements
- Student Engagement
- Tuition Discounts
- Current International Students
- Commencement at GWSB
2201 G Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20052