The following requirements are for students who matriculate into the Master of Science in Government Contracts program starting fall 2018. Students who matriculated into the MSGC program prior to fall 2018 should refer to their DegreeMAPs in GWeb for any outstanding requirements they may have.
The Master of Science in Government Contracts program is 34 credit hours long. Three and two credit courses are a full semester long (14 weeks). Courses that are 1.5 credits are seven weeks in length and are offered either in the first or second half of a semester.
Students must successfully complete the following course and program requirements to be eligible for the MS in Government Contracts degree.
- Achieve at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average at the time of graduation.
- Complete all degree requirements within five (5) years.
Students must complete 34 credits of the following coursework to be eligible for graduation.
Core Courses | 23 Credits
- DNSC 6202 | Mathematics and Statistics for Management
- DNSC 6261 | Introduction to Project and Program Management
- GCON 6502 | Formation of Government Contracts
- GCON 6503 | Performance of Government Contracts
- GCON 6505 | Marketing and the Government Marketplace
- GCON 6506 | Pricing Issues in Government Contracts
- GCON 6515 | Advanced Writing for Government Contracts
- MBAD 6211 | Financial Accounting
Electives | 11 Credits
Students take 11 credits in elective courses selected from the list below*. One of the following courses must be included: GCON 6508, GCON 6509, GCON 6510, or GCON 6513.
- GCON 6508 | Comparative Public Procurement
- GCON 6509 | State and Local Procurement
- GCON 6510 | Foreign Government Contracting
- GCON 6511 | Federal Grants Law
- GCON 6512 | Government Procurement of Intellectual Property Seminar
- GCON 6513 | Procurement Reform
- GCON 6514 | Anti-Corruption and Compliance
- GCON 6290 | Special Topics (Interagency Acquisition Strategy)
- PPPA 6051 | Governmental Budgeting
*Other graduate-level courses offered by GWSB may count toward the elective requirement with program approval.
- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Academic Advising
- Academic Policies
- Class Registration
- Graduate Certificate Admissions
- MBA Programs Degree Requirements
- Specialized Master's Programs Degree Requirements
- Student Engagement
- Tuition Discounts
- International Students
- Commencement at GWSB