The Master of Science in Government Contracts program is 36 credit hours long. Three-credit courses are a full semester long (14 weeks). Courses that are 1.5 credits are seven weeks in length and are offered either in the first or second half of a semester.
Students must successfully complete the following course and program requirements to be eligible for the MS in Government Contracts degree.
- Achieve at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average at the time of graduation.
- Complete all degree requirements within five (5) years.
Students must complete 36 credits of the following coursework to be eligible for graduation.
Core Courses | 23 Credits*
- DNSC 6202 | Mathematics and Statistics for Management
- GCON 6502 | Formation of Government Contracts
- GCON 6503 | Performance of Government Contracts
- GCON 6505 | Marketing and the Government Marketplace
- GCON 6506 | Pricing Issues in Government Contracts
- GCON 6515 | Advanced Writing for Government Contracts
- GCON 6261 | Introduction to Project and Program Management
- MBAD 6211 | Financial Accounting
*Core courses may be waived based on previous academic coursework. See the MSGC Core Course Waiver Policy for details.
Electives | 9 Credits
Elective credits can be fulfilled by taking 6000+ level courses within the School of Business. In addition, students may choose from the Law School courses listed below:
- GCON 6508 | Comparative Public Procurement
- GCON 6509 | State and Local Procurement
- GCON 6510 | Foreign Government Contracting
- GCON 6511 | Federal Grants Law
- GCON 6512 | Government Procurement of Intellectual Property Seminar
- GCON 6513 | Procurement Reform
- GCON 6514 | Anti-Corru Credption and Compliance in Procurement
- GCON 6515 | Public Values & Foreign Affairs Outsourcing
Capstone | 4 Credits
- Current Undergraduate Students
- Current Graduate Students
- Academic Advising
- Academic Policies
- Class Registration
- Graduate Certificate Admissions
- MBA Programs Degree Requirements
- Specialized Master's Programs Degree Requirements
- Student Engagement
- Current International Students
- Commencement at GWSB
2201 G Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20052