The following requirements are for Online MBA students who matriculate into the Online MBA program starting summer 2015. Students who matriculated into the Online MBA program prior to summer 2015 should refer to their DegreeMAPs in GWeb for any outstanding requirements they may have.
The Online MBA program is 55.5 credit hours long. Three-credit courses are a full semester long (14 weeks). Courses that are 1.5 credits are seven weeks in length and are offered either in the first or second half of a semester.
Students in the Online MBA program register themselves directly through GWeb for all core and elective coursework. It is expected that students will complete their core course requirements prior to starting the elective portion of their program.
Students must successfully complete the following course and program requirements to be eligible for the Master's of Business Administration degree.
- Achievement of at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average at the time of graduation
- Complete all degree requirements within five (5) years
Students must complete 55.5 credits of the following coursework to be eligible for graduation:
Core Courses (28.5 Credits)
- 6211 Financial Accounting (3 cr.)
- 6213 Managerial Accounting (1.5 cr. – 6211*)
- 6224 Decision Making and Data Analysis (3 cr.)
- 6223 Operations Management (1.5 cr. – 6224*)
- 6235 Finance (3 cr. – 6211*, 6224*, 6242*)
- 6245 Global Perspectives (3 cr.)
- 6242 Microeconomics for the World Economy (1.5 cr.)
- 6263 Organizations & Managing Human Capital (3 cr.)
- 6272 Nature of Markets (1.5 cr.)
- 6273 Marketing Decisions (1.5 cr. – 6272*)
- 6289 Business Ethics and Public Policy (3 cr.)
- 6288 Strategic Management (3 cr. – all core courses*)
* Indicates a pre-requisite course which must be completed prior to taking this course.
** Up to 6 credits of core may be waived based on previous academic coursework. See the Core Course Waiver Policy for details.
Electives (27 Credits)
- Internships may not be applied towards the MBA degree requirements.
- Elective courses must be taken for a letter grade with the exception of courses taken at the GW Law School where courses are letter graded and then converted to a CR on the graduate transcript.
- Elective credits can be fulfilled by taking 6000+ level courses within the School of Business. In addition, students may enroll up to 12 credits of 6000+ level courses outside of the School of Business at GWU; up to six (6) of the 12 credits can be fulfilled outside of The George Washington University. This 12-credit maximum includes all approved transfer credit and graduate-level courses completed at GWU outside of the GWSB.
- Students may complete an elective concentration by completing the 12 unique credits of required coursework as outlined by the academic department. Courses applied to a concentration requirement may not be double counted between different concentrations nor core requirements. See each concentration for details.
- Current Undergraduate Students
- Current Graduate Students
- Academic Advising
- Academic Policies
- Class Registration
- Graduate Certificate Admissions
- MBA Programs Degree Requirements
- Specialized Master's Programs Degree Requirements
- Student Engagement
- Tuition Discounts
- Current International Students
- Commencement at GWSB
2201 G Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20052