The MBA/MS in Government Contracts (MSGC) dual degree program at the GW School of Business (GWSB) is 65.5 credit hours long. Three-credit courses are a full semester long (14 weeks). Courses that are 1.5 credits are seven weeks in length and are offered either in the first or second half of a semester.
Students should refer to their assigned academic advisors in the MBA and MSGC programs for information on registration, policies, and procedures for the respective programs. In addition, students should refer to the MBA Current Students page for complete information on the MBA program and the MSGC website for more information on the MS program.
- Achievement of at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average at the time of graduation
- Complete all degree requirements within five (5) years
MBA Degree Requirements
Students must complete 40.5 credits of the following coursework to be eligible for graduation.
Core Courses (Global and Healthcare MBA: 31.5 credits; all other programs: 28.5 credits)
- 6202 Foundational Management Topics in Health Care (3 cr. – Healthcare MBA program only)
- 6211 Financial Accounting (3 cr.)
- 6213 Managerial Accounting (1.5 cr. – 6211*)
- 6224 Decision Making & Data Analysis (3 cr.)
- 6223 Operations Management (1.5 cr. – 6224*)
- 6235 Finance (3 cr. – 6211*, 6224*, 6242*)
- 6242 Micro for the Global Economy (1.5 cr.)
- 6245 Global Perspectives (3 cr.)
- 6263 Organizations & Human Capital (3 cr.)
- 6274 Marketing (3 cr.)
- 6289 Business Ethics & Public Policy (3 cr.)
- 6288 Strategic Management (3 cr.)
- 6294 Consulting Abroad Project (3 cr. – Global MBA Program)
* Indicates a pre-requisite course which must be completed prior to taking this course.
** Up to 6 credits of core may be waived based on previous academic coursework. See the Core Course Waiver Policy for details.
MBA Electives (Global and Healthcare MBA: 9 credits; all other programs: 9 credits)
- Students in the Healthcare MBA are required to complete 12 of their 21 credits with healthcare-focused electives offered through the School of Medicine and Health Sciences. Students should refer to the Healthcare MBA Degree Requirements webpage for a listing of health-care focused elective options.
- Internships may not be applied towards the MBA degree requirements.
- Elective courses must be taken for a letter grade with the exception of courses taken at the GW Law School where courses are letter graded and then converted to a CR on the graduate transcript.
- Elective credits can be fulfilled by taking 6000+ level courses within the School of Business. In addition, students may enroll up to 12 credits of 6000+ level courses outside of the School of Business at GWU; up to six (6) of the 12 credits can be fulfilled outside of the George Washington University. This 12-credit maximum includes all approved transfer credit, Consortium coursework, and graduate-level courses completed at GWU outside of GWSB.
MSGC Degree Requirements
Students must complete 25 credits of the following coursework to be eligible for graduation.
Core Courses (19 credits)
- DNSC 6261 Introduction to Project & Program Management (3 cr.)
- GCON 6502 Formation of Government Contracts (3 cr.)
- GCON 6503 Performance of Government Contracts (3 cr.)
- GCON 6505 Marketing for Government Marketplace (3 cr.)
- GCON 6506 Pricing Issues in Government Contracts (3 cr.)
- GCON 6515 Analytical Research and Writing for Government Contracts (2 cr.)
Students must also choose one of the following writing-intensive courses:
- GCON 6508 Comparative Public Procurement (2 cr.)
- GCON 6509 State and Local Procurement (2 cr.)
- GCON 6510 Foreign Government Contracting (2 cr.)
- GCON 6513 Procurement Reform (2 cr.)
MSGC Electives (6 credits)
- Please visit the MSGC page for more information on how to fulfill the MSGC electives requirement.
- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Academic Advising
- Academic Policies
- Class Registration
- Graduate Certificate Admissions
- MBA Programs Degree Requirements
- Global MBA Degree Requirements
- PMBA & PCMBA Degree Requirements
- Online MBA Degree Requirements
- Online Healthcare MBA Degree Requirements
- Dual & Joint Degree Requirements
- Specialized Master's Programs Degree Requirements
- Student Engagement
- Tuition Discounts
- International Students
2201 G Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20052