Over one billion people around the world travel each year. Tourism is now one of the leading industries in the world and professional opportunities abound in this business sector. The MBA concentration in Tourism focuses on sustainable management with instruction that stresses how to optimize tourism’s contribution to economic development, preserve cultural and natural resources in communities around the world, and minimize the negative impact of tourism on environment and society. The concentration offers real-world learning opportunities to help candidates recognize and manage the issues influencing the fast-growing world of tourism.
Things to consider:
- Students must be able to attend classes on-campus to complete the Tourism concentration.
- Elective courses are scheduled based on faculty availability and student demand and are not guaranteed to be offered every semester or every academic year.
- Special Topics courses (typically numbered 6290) are experimental offerings that, depending on demand, may or may not become permanent offerings.
- Students who wish to satisfy a MBA concentration elective with a course that is not listed below must submit a Petition for Elective Credit form.
Students must complete 12 unique credits to complete a concentration.
Required Courses (6 Credits)
- TSTD 6250 Destination Management (1.5 cr.)
- TSTD 6262 Tourism Policy Analysis (1.5 cr.)
- TSTD 6263 Destination Marketing (3 cr.)
Electives (6 Credits)
- TSTD 6214 Myanmar: Enhancing Economic Development through Scientific, Academic, Volunteer, and Experiential Tourism (3 cr.)**
- TSTD 6220 International Hotel Management (3 cr.)
- TSTD 6221 Hotel Market/Resort Analysis (3 cr.)
- TSTD 6249 Sustainable Destination Development (3 cr.)
- TSTD 6264 Sport Marketing (3 cr.)
- TSTD 6266 Sport and Event Facility Management (3 cr.)
- TSTD 6277 Event Management (3 cr.)
- TSTD 6278 Conference and Exhibition Management (3 cr.)
- TSTD 6282 Myanmar: Enhancing Economic Development through Scientific, Academic, Volunteer, and Experiential Tourism (3 cr.)**
- TSTD 6290 Managing the Customer Experience (3 cr.)
- TSTD 6290 Walt Disney World: Innovation in Services (3 cr.)
**Indicates a short-term study abroad experience
- Current Undergraduate Students
- Current Graduate Students
- Academic Advising
- Academic Policies
- Class Registration
- Graduate Certificate Admissions
- MBA Programs Degree Requirements
- Global MBA Degree Requirements
- Online Healthcare MBA Degree Requirements
- Online MBA Degree Requirements
- Professional and Professional Cohorted MBA Degree Requirements
- Dual & Joint Degree Requirements
- Specialized Master's Programs Degree Requirements
- Student Engagement
- Current International Students
- Commencement at GWSB
2201 G Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20052