Thorough analysis, careful planning, and logical execution are critical to the successful completion of any project. The Project Management concentration provides MBA candidates with the knowledge and skills needed to manage major projects from conception to implementation.
Things to consider:
- Students can complete the Project Management concentration online or on-campus.
- Elective courses are scheduled based on faculty availability and student demand and are not guaranteed to be offered every semester or every academic year.
- Special Topics courses (typically numbered 6290) are experimental offerings that, depending on demand, may or may not become permanent offerings.
- Students who wish to satisfy a MBA concentration elective with a course that is not listed below must submit a Petition for Elective Credit form.
Students must complete 12 unique credits to complete a concentration. Courses offered online are notated with an *.
Required Courses (6 Credits)
- DNSC 6261 Intro to Project and Program Management (3 cr.)*
- DNSC 6267 Planning and Scheduling (3 cr.)*
Electives (6 Credits)
- DNSC 6234 Procurement & Contracting (3 cr.)*
- DNSC 6251 Optimization Models for Decision Making (1.5 cr.)*
- DNSC 6252 Risk Analysis for Decision Making (1.5 cr.)*
- DNSC 6254 Risk Management (1.5 cr.)*
- DNSC 6257 Cost Estimation and Control (1.5 cr.)*
- DNSC 6258 Executive Decision Making (1.5 cr.)*
- DNSC 6259 Project Portfolio Management (1.5 cr.)*
- DNSC 6262 Directed Computational Project Management (3 cr.)*
- DNSC 6290 Communication Strategies in Project Management (3 cr.)*
- DNSC 6290 International Project Management (1.5 cr.)*
- DNSC 6290 Project Management (1.5 cr.)
- DNSC 6290 Project Management and Organizational Context (1.5 cr.)*
- DNSC 6290 Project Management Governance (1.5 cr.)*
- DNSC 6290 Project Management Methodologies (1.5 cr.)*
- DNSC 6290 Project Quality Management (3 cr.)*
- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Academic Advising
- Academic Policies
- Class Registration
- Graduate Certificate Admissions
- MBA Programs Degree Requirements
- Global MBA Degree Requirements
- PMBA & PCMBA Degree Requirements
- Online MBA Degree Requirements
- Online Healthcare MBA Degree Requirements
- Dual & Joint Degree Requirements
- Specialized Master's Programs Degree Requirements
- Student Engagement
- Tuition Discounts
- International Students
- Commencement at GWSB