Students selecting the Government Contracts concentration attend classes at GW Law School, as part of the world’s leading government procurement law program. This concentration provides students with a solid foundation in public procurement laws, regulations, policies, and best practices within U.S. federal, state, and local governments, and in foreign government procurement practices. The 12-credit concentration includes required courses on the formation of government contracts and the performance of government contracts. Students also select from courses in marketing, pricing, negotiations, intellectual property, anti-corruption, and international business and foreign contracts.
Things to consider:
- Students can complete the Government Contracts concentration both online and on-campus.
- Elective courses are scheduled based on faculty availability and student demand and are not guaranteed to be offered every semester or every academic year.
- Special Topics courses (typically numbered 6290) are experimental offerings that, depending on demand, may or may not become permanent offerings.
- Students who wish to satisfy a MBA concentration elective with a course that is not listed below must submit a Petition for Elective Credit form.
Students must complete 12 unique credits to complete a concentration. Courses offered online are noted with an *.
Required Courses (6 Credits)
- GCON 6502 Formation – Government Contracts (3 cr.)*
- GCON 6503 Performance – Government Contracts (3 cr.)*
Electives (6 Credits)
- GCON 6505 Marketing for Government Markets (3 cr.)*
- GCON 6506 Government Contracts Cost and Pricing (3 cr.)*
- GCON 6508 Comparative Public Procurement (3 cr.)
- GCON 6509 State and Local Procurement (3 cr.)
- GCON 6510 Foreign Government Contracting (3 cr.)
- GCON 6511 Federal Grants Law (3 cr.)
- GCON 6512 Government Procurement of Intellectual Property (3 cr.)
- GCON 6513 Procurement Reform (3 cr.)
- GCON 6514 Anti-Corruption and Compliance (3 cr.)*
- IBUS 6202 Business and the State: Privatization and Public-Private Partnerships (3 cr.)**
- IBUS 6202 Regional Strategies for Multinationals (3 cr.)
- IBUS 6297 Business and the State: Privatization and Public-Private Partnerships (3 cr.)**
- IBUS 6297 International Management Experience (3 cr.)
- MGT 6254 Negotiations and Labor Relations (3 cr.)
**Indicates a short-term study abroad experience
- Current Undergraduate Students
- Current Graduate Students
- Academic Advising
- Academic Policies
- Class Registration
- Graduate Certificate Admissions
- MBA Programs Degree Requirements
- Global MBA Degree Requirements
- Online Healthcare MBA Degree Requirements
- Online MBA Degree Requirements
- Professional and Professional Cohorted MBA Degree Requirements
- Dual & Joint Degree Requirements
- Specialized Master's Programs Degree Requirements
- Student Engagement
- Tuition Discounts
- Current International Students
- Commencement at GWSB
2201 G Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20052