Students pursuing the concentration in Entrepreneurship examine the motivations, reasons, and methods involved in becoming an “entrepreneur” or “social entrepreneur.” Courses focus on the entrepreneurial mindset and explore in detail how new successful business ideas are formed and put in practice. The program also spotlights the use of entrepreneurship to address social problems and advance peace through free-market enterprise. Instruction combines theory and real-world experiences of entrepreneurs in all organizational settings – large, small, public and private.
Things to consider:
- Students must be able to attend classes on-campus to complete the Entrepreneurship concentration.
- Elective courses are scheduled based on faculty availability and student demand and are not guaranteed to be offered every semester or every academic year.
- Special Topics courses (typically numbered 6290) are experimental offerings that, depending on demand, may or may not become permanent offerings.
- Students who wish to satisfy a MBA concentration elective with a course that is not listed below must submit a Petition for Elective Credit form.
Students must complete 12 unique credits to complete a concentration.
Required Course (3 Credits)
Electives (9 Credits)
- ISTM 6223 Technology Entrepreneurship (3 cr.)
- ISTM 6224 Management of Technology and Innovation (3 cr.)
- ISTM 6234 New Venture Financing (3 cr.) crosslisted with FINA 6234
- FINA 6234 New Venture Financing (3 cr.) crosslisted with ISTM 6234
- MGT 6281 Small Business Management (3 cr.)
- MGT 6282 New Venture Initiation (3 cr.)
- MGT 6283 Strategic Management (3 cr.)
- MGT 6284 Family Business Management (3 cr.)
- MGT 6285 Social Entrepreneurship (3 cr.)
- MGT 6286 Creativity and Innovation (3 cr.)
- MGT 6290 Entrepreneurship, Peace and Economic Development (3 cr.)
- Current Undergraduate Students
- Current Graduate Students
- Academic Advising
- Academic Policies
- Class Registration
- Graduate Certificate Admissions
- MBA Programs Degree Requirements
- Global MBA Degree Requirements
- Healthcare MBA Degree Requirements
- Online MBA Degree Requirements
- Professional and Professional Cohorted MBA Degree Requirements
- Dual & Joint Degree Requirements
- Specialized Master's Programs Degree Requirements
- Student Engagement
- Current International Students
- Commencement at GWSB
2201 G Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20052