A maximum of 6 credits of graduate coursework may be approved for application to the School of Business from enrollment at GW in nondegree status or from another degree-granting school of this University (see GW Coursework Completed Prior to Matriculation); or as a transfer credit from a regionally accredited college or university.
If approved, the credits will apply toward their degree requirements and the total number of credits needed to complete the graduate degree will be reduced commensurate with the number of transfer credits approved.
The requested course must meet the following criteria:
- Business related
- Graduate-level and credit-bearing
- Not applied to the completion of requirements for another degree
- Completed within three years from the date of matriculation
- Earned a grade of B or better
- Completed at a regionally accredited college or university
- Grades earned at another institution will not be factored into the GW GPA.
- Assignment of transfer credit is subject to evaluation by their individual program and the Office of Graduate Programs. If the grade earned is below the minimum required for transferring credit, B or its equivalent, or the course is repetitious, no credit will be assigned.
- The number of credit hours transferred will be equal to the number of credits actually taken.
- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Academic Advising
- Academic Policies
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Progress
- Continuous Enrollment, Reinstatement, & Readmission
- Core Course Waiver
- Course Repetition for Credit
- Global MBA Team Grievance
- Grade of F
- Grades, Grading Guidelines, and Grade Grievances
- GW Coursework Completed Prior to Matriculation
- Incomplete Grades
- Leaves of Absence
- Policy Exceptions
- Termination of Degree Candidacy
- Time to Degree
- Transfer of Credit
- Voluntary Withdrawal
- Class Registration
- Student Engagement
- Tuition Discounts
- International Students
2201 G Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20052