A student seeking an exception to an individual program, Graduate Programs, School of Business, or university policy due to extenuating circumstances must submit a Policy Exception Request. A policy exception request must be accompanied by documentation of extenuating circumstances. Students should not assume that policy exception requests will be approved. Until a student receives written confirmation that an exception has been approved, the student should operate under the assumption that it will be denied (ie the student should continue to attend class, submit assignments, consider alternatives, etc).
Requests involving medical or mental health issues:
- Requests involving physical health must be accompanied by documentation from a medical professional. Such documentation will be considered, but it does not solely determine the outcome of the request.
- Requests involving mental health must have the support of the University Counseling Center (UCC). Support of the UCC will be considered, but it does not solely determine the outcome of the request.
The following requests will not be considered:
- Requests for exceptions to individual program, Graduate Programs, school, or university on the basis of not knowing the policy.
- Requests to withdraw from a course after the GWSB and/or University deadlines on the basis of poor academic performance.
- Requests after the module/semester has ended, the final project and/or exam has been attempted, or a grade has been issued will not be considered.
- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Academic Advising
- Academic Policies
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Progress
- Continuous Enrollment, Reinstatement, & Readmission
- Core Course Waiver
- Course Repetition for Credit
- Global MBA Team Grievance
- Grade of F
- Grades, Grading Guidelines, and Grade Grievances
- GW Coursework Completed Prior to Matriculation
- Incomplete Grades
- Leaves of Absence
- Policy Exceptions
- Termination of Degree Candidacy
- Time to Degree
- Transfer of Credit
- Voluntary Withdrawal
- Class Registration
- Graduate Certificate Admissions
- MBA Programs Degree Requirements
- Specialized Master's Programs Degree Requirements
- Student Engagement
- Tuition Discounts
- International Students
- Commencement at GWSB
2201 G Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20052