Ahmad I. Jarrah
- Associate Professor of Decision Sciences; Faculty Director, MS in Business Analytics
- Decision Sciences
- Funger Hall
2201 G Street NW
Washington, District Of Columbia 20052
- [email protected]
Dr. Ahmad Jarrah is an associate professor of Decision Sciences at the George Washington University. Before starting his career in higher education, Dr. Jarrah spent fourteen years in the consulting industry designing, developing and managing the deployment of advanced decision support systems for air and ground logistics and transportation. Dr. Jarrah’s areas of expertise include large-scale optimization, logistics and transportation analytics, and supply chain analytics. His publications have appeared in Computers and Operations Research, European Journal of Operational Research, IIE Transactions, Interfaces, Journal of Scheduling, Journal of the Operational Research Society, Omega, Management Science, Operations Research, Transportation Science and Transportation Research B. He holds a Ph.D. in Management Science from the University of Texas at Austin.
Research grant from the FedEx Corporation in support of my research in logistics and transportation (2012 – Present)
- Applied Optimization
- Large-Scale Optimization
- Transportation and Logistics Analytics
- Supply Chain Analytics
- Ph.D., Management Science, University of Texas, 1991
- M. Eng., Texas A&M University, 1986
- B. Eng., American University of Beirut, 1985
Dr. Jarrah’s research contributions have been in large-scale optimization in the context of supply chain management, and, in particular, logistics and transportation. The supply chain domains he has published in include Network Design, Vehicle Routing and Scheduling, Staffand Crew scheduling and Facility Design. He also has a growing focus on applications related to sustainability, energy and the environment.
- Member of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Science (INFORMS), and its Washington, D.C., chapter
- Director of Projects and Consulting (2000-2003), Director of Operations Research (1997-2000), Transport Dynamics, Inc., Princeton, N.J.
- Project Manager, Corporate Research and Development, United Airlines, Algonquin, Ill. (1995-1997)
- Operations Research Consultant / Senior Consultant, American Airlines Decision Technologies, Dallas, Texas (1991-1995)