Flexible. Customized. Connected.
The George Washington University was the first to offer an online graduate program in tourism management. Since its launch in 2000, the program has received numerous accolades. Over the years, the program curriculum and courses have been revised to incorporate cutting-edge content and the most pedagogically sound delivery methods. Each course boasts studio-quality lectures, industry expert interviews and videos.
Considering the busy lives of working professionals and their need for flexibility, the Online Master of Tourism Administration (MTA) program offers students an opportunity to study online, on campus or off campus through our robust international and domestic experiential study courses.
The mission of the Online MTA program is to provide a state-of-the-art graduate educational experience that prepares students for successful and rewarding careers in event and meeting management, hospitality management, and sustainable tourism management. The online program blends all these areas for a well-rounded curriculum that caters to students' academic interests and career aspirations.
What Sets Us Apart
The Online MTA program at GWSB is a convenient and innovative degree program which welcomes students from across the country and from all over the world. We're particularly proud of the following program features:
- Our Online MTA program is the same as our on-campus program, which leads the world in tourism education
- The program is taught by internationally recognized faculty
- The curriculum is based on the management of tourism-related enterprises, preparing our students for success in tomorrow's competitive marketplace
- The courses are designed for tourism industry professionals, with the option to customize or develop individualized studies
- Students develop advanced skills in the areas of event and meeting management, hospitality management, and sustainable tourism management, with individualized guidance based upon personal and career goals
- Students feel connected in the virtual learning environment
- Students develop a strong network of classmates who are industry professionals
Proven Distance Learning
Online students have the same access and privileges as on-campus students. The highly respected MTA program is located within a top-ranked business school, and our MTA faculty combine classroom and field-based learning with exceptional access to jobs and internships, professional networking opportunities, and career development. We bring the best aspects of our on-campus MTA program to the Online MTA program.
Connect With Us
Students in the Master of Tourism Administration program interact with peers, instructors, industry professionals and alumni from all over the world in a rich learning environment that combines individual experiences and interests with innovative and sustainable local and global initiatives.
Applications are submitted through the GW Student Portal. You can sign up for an account if you don't have one.
- Undergraduate Programs
- Specialized Master's
- Executive Education
- Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Online Programs
- Global & Experiential Education
- Academic Life
- Academic Calendar
2201 G Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20052