The Graduate Certificate in International Business is available to current GW School of Business (GWSB) MBA students only.
The Graduate Certificate in International Business prepares students to succeed and lead in today’s global economy. Students will acquire the knowledge to assess and act upon the opportunities and challenges faced in the global business environment. Study abroad in a GWSB-sponsored program is strongly encouraged.
- Completion of all required and elective credits from the course options listed below
- Completion of the certificate with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above
In addition, students should be aware of the following course application limitations:
- Courses taken by non-degree students are not eligible to be applied towards certificates.
- Students may only apply a course to two program requirements (for example, MBAD 6224 may be applied to both the MBA and the graduate certificate, but that course may not subsequently be applied to any other degree or certificate requirements).
- Students who choose to enroll in two graduate certificates may only "double count" up to six credits between the two certificates; all remaining requirements (typically, 18 credits for two certificates) must be unique to each certificate.
- MBAD 6245 | Global Perspectives
Required • 3 Credits
- 6900 | Special Topics (Macroeconomics for the Global Economy)
- ECON 6280 | International Economics
Electives • 9 Credits
- IBUS 6xxx | (Any 6000 level and above IBUS course)
- ACCY 6110 | International Reporting and Control
- ACCY 6112 | International Financial Reporting Standards
- ECON 6269 | Economy of China I
- ECON 6285 | Economic Development of Latin America
- ECON 6292 | Topics in International Trade
- ECON 6293 | Topics in International Finance
- ECON 6294 | Topics in Economic Development
- IAFF 6158 | Special Topics in International Science and Technology Policy
- PSC 6439 | International Political Economy
- Students must complete a minimum of six credits of IBUS coursework.
- Study abroad in a GWSB sponsored program is strongly encouraged.
- Students who would like to apply courses completed in a GWSB exchange program or a non-GWSB study abroad program must have written approval from the graduate programs office. Only courses that are international business focused will be considered.
The Graduate Certificate in International Business is available only to current GWSB MBA students. Apply after you receive grades for at least one semester of MBA study.
- Fill out this form.
- Print the completed form, sign it, and scan it.
- Email the scanned form to [email protected] .
- Undergraduate Programs
- Specialized Master's
- Executive Education
- Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Business Analytics
- Business Information Systems
- Digital Marketing Communications
- Financial Management
- Hospitality Management
- Human Capital
- Innovation, Creativity & Entrepreneurship
- International Business
- Investments & Portfolio Management
- Management Leadership
- Management of Technology & Innovation
- Marketing & Brand Management
- Project Management
- Responsible Management
- Sport Management
- Walkable Urban Real Estate Development
- Online Programs
- Global & Experiential Education
- Academic Life
- Academic Calendar
2201 G Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20052