The Graduate Certificate in International Business is available to current School of Business students only.
This certificate will prepare students to succeed and lead in today’s global economy. In the certificate, participants will acquire the knowledge to assess and act upon the opportunities and challenges in the global business environment.
- Completion of 12 credits of the coursework listed below to be eligible for completion
- Achievement of at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average at the time of completion
- Complete all requirements within five (5) years
In addition, students should be aware of the following course application limitations:
- Students may only apply a course towards two program requirements (ie MBAD 6263 may only be applied towards the MBA and one graduate certificate – the course cannot be applied towards the requirements of any other degree or certificate program beyond the two programs)
- Students who opt to complete two graduate certificates may only double count up to six credits between the two. All remaining requirements (typically 18 credits for two certificates) must be unique to each certificate
- MBAD 6245 | Global Perspectives
Required • 3 Credits
- ACCY 6290 | Special Topics (Macroeconomics for the Global Economy)
Electives • 9 Credits
- IBUS 6xxx | Any 6000 level and above IBUS course*
- ACCY 6110 | International Reporting and Control
- ACCY 6112 | International Financial Reporting Standards
- ECON 6269 | Economy of China I
- ECON 6285 | Economic Development of Latin America
- ECON 6292 | Topics in International Trade
- ECON 6293 | Topics in International Finance
- ECON 6294 | Topics in Economic Development
- IAFF 6158 | Special Topics in International Science and Technology Policy
- PSC 6439 | International Political Economy
- Students must complete a minimum of 6 credits of IBUS coursework.
- Study abroad in a GWSB sponsored program is strongly encouraged.
- Students who would like to apply courses completed in a GWSB exchange program or a non-GWSB study abroad program must have written approval from Graduate Programs. Only courses that are international business focused will be considered.
The Graduate Certificate in International Business is available only to current GWSB MBA students. Apply after you receive grades for at least one semester of MBA study.
- Fill out this form.
- Print the form.
- Sign the printed form and scan it.
- Email the scan to [email protected] .
- Undergraduate Programs
- Specialized Master's
- Executive Education
- Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Business Analytics
- Business Information Systems
- Digital Marketing Communications
- Financial Management
- Hospitality Management
- Human Capital
- Innovation, Creativity & Entrepreneurship
- International Business
- Investments & Portfolio Management
- Management Leadership
- Management of Technology & Innovation
- Marketing & Brand Management
- Project Management
- Responsible Management
- Sport Management
- Walkable Urban Real Estate Development
- Online Programs
- Global & Experiential Education
- Academic Life
- GWSB Course Syllabi
2201 G Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20052