Bachelor of Business Administration:
At GWSB, we provide an undergraduate BBA education based on strong foundations that establish connections between liberal arts and science education and business tools:
- With breadth, depth, and excellence in the Business disciplines
- Which examines the relationships between business, government, and the larger society
- Which is designed to prepare our students to become ethical world business leaders
Students who earn the BBA degree will possess the ability to:
- Deliver clearly focused and concise oral presentations on business issues.
- Write in a persuasive, cohesive, and coherent manner appropriate for the business environment.
- Work effectively in team settings.
- Propose rational, coherent resolutions to ethical concerns within a business context.
- Identify, evaluate, and resolve business dilemmas using appropriate quantitative and qualitative tools.
- Understand the linkages between the public and private sectors in society.
- Comprehend the relationship and effects of global issues to identify and leverage business opportunities.
- Use technological, scientific, and humanities approaches to develop skills for lifelong learning.
- Understand connections and complementary relationships between business and non-business disciplines.
Bachelor of Science in Finance:
The Bachelor of Science degree offered by the School of Business provides an undergraduate education with these characteristics:
- Depth and excellence in one business discipline.
- Depth and excellence in one Arts and Sciences, International Affairs, or Engineering discipline.
- Based on strong foundations that establish connections from Business to Arts and Sciences, International Affairs, or Engineering disciplines.
- Prepares GW students to become ethical, world business specialists.
Students will have:
- Service learning experience.
- Understanding of the intersection between business and society.
- In-depth knowledge of one Business discipline (assessed in the Business major).
- In-depth knowledge of one other discipline (assessed in the discipline major).
Students will develop the skills to become:
- Problem solvers.
- Critical thinkers.
- Ethical business thinkers.