GWSB Undergraduate News
December 16, 2009
Please note that from Monday, December 21, 2009 through Tuesday, January 5, 2010, hours for the School of Business are 9:00am - 4:00pm. As a result, the Advising Center will close at 4:00pm during this period. If you have any questions please call 202-994-7027 or e-mail email@example.com.
Save the Date! This year's GWSB Undergraduate New York Career Trek will take place February 25-26, 2010. Students will have the opportunity to visit companies based on their concentration. This year there will be three treks, Finance, Marketing and Sports Management. Information regarding sign up and which companies will be visited will be coming soon. Look for more information in upcoming newsletters as well as the Co-Curricular section of the Undergraduate Programs website.
Build Your Financial Literacy
FINA 190: Personal Finance
FOR ALL GW STUDENTS
DIRECTED AT UNDERGRADUATES
IN ANY SCHOOL OR PROGRAM
JUNIOR OR SENIOR STANDING
Professor Cohen has many years of experience teaching in this field and advising clients. This course emphasizes what matters most to people in their 20’s and 30’s, giving you an effective way to think about any personal finance issue.
- How do I borrow to pay for tuition? When do I pay it back? Should I consolidate my loans?
- When do I start saving and how do I do it? How much should I save? How do I invest?
- How do I get a good credit rating?
- Should I buy or lease a car, apartment?
- How much money must I make to have a good life?
- How much money must I accumulate to have a good life when I retire?
- How much life insurance and disability insurance do I need now? Later?
Wednesday and Friday 3:45 - 5:00 PM
Professor Neil G. Cohen
Ask Professor Cohen