Event & Meeting Management
The Event Management Certificate Program is for students interested in the theoretical and practical aspects of event and meeting management, including research, design, planning, coordination, and evaluation of events and meetings of various types and sizes. Students study best practices in promotion, organization and risk management. Emphasis is on the management competencies required for a successful career as an event and meeting professional.
Students Can Expect To...
- Learn best practices and latest thinking for the design, planning and execution of successful events and meetings for groups from 10 to thousands
- Gain a big picture awareness of the event and meeting industry, including seminars, conventions, conferences, expositions, trade shows, special events, and more
- Learn to conduct effective event and meeting management research, including needs assessment, site analysis, situation analysis, and feasibility studies
- Experience the industry firsthand via an on-site, hands-on internship
Event Management is An Ideal Program for You If You Are...
- Starting a new career as an event or meeting planner
- In the industry and interested in enhancing your skills
- Not in the industry, but charged with planning and facilitating meetings and events for your company or organization, profit or nonprofit
- A volunteer or in charge of volunteers for special event activities
Six Reasons to Earn Your Certificate Now!
- Validate your experiences
- Stay fresh with continuing education
- Fulfill personal goals
- Create your own pathway
- Work effectively
- Learn trends from leading-edge professionals
To learn more about the program, visit Event & Meeting Management web site.