MTA | Admission
* International applications must be received before the Round 2 deadline to be considered for the Spring term, and before the Round 5 deadline to be considered for the Fall.
Essays/Statement of Purpose
- One essay. In an essay limited to 500 words, discuss your long-term and short-term professional objectives and how your past experiences have contributed to and defined these objectives. Include in your statement why you want to pursue a graduate business degree at this point in time. If any include related qualifications, including collegiate, professional, and community activities, and any other substantial accomplishments not previously mentioned in the application.
Non-refundable application processing fee
Prior Academic Record and/or Undergraduate Transcript
- Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript with a minimum of 3.0 or better undergraduate GPA. Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be uploaded online with your application.
- Official transcripts are required only of applicants who are offered admission. International applicants should upload the English-language version of their transcripts or a copy of a credentials evaluation. For a list of acceptable foreign credential evaluation services, please check the following link: http://www.naces.org/members.htm
Standardized Test Scores
- Either the Graduate Management Admissions Test – GMAT (500 or higher score). GW institution code QK4-4F-64 OR the Graduate Records Exam or GRE (V-160, Q-148 or higher) GW institution code 5246) is required for applicants to the main campus program. Test date must be within past five years.
- GMAT or GRE Waiver: Applicants with 7 years of post-undergraduate, professional work experience are eligible to request a test score waiver. Please contact email@example.com for more details.
- Two recommendation letters from a combination of academic and professional settings. The process for requesting and submitting online recommendations is detailed in the Graduate Application Center.
International Applications Only
- Official TOEFL score is required unless applicants have completed degree in a country where English is the sole primary language. (TOEFL Institution Code: 5246) Score minimums are as follows:
- Internet: 100
- Computer: 250
- Paper: 600
- IELTS 7.0 Overall (no less than 6.0 in each category)