Admission is highly competitive and enrollment is limited. Students operate in two cohorts throughout the academic year.
Due to the rolling admissions policy, it is highly recommended that candidates submit applications early. The candidate’s major and trend in grades, personal achievements, and letters of recommendation also affect the admission decision. The MSF program seeks social, ethnic, cultural, and geographical diversity in its student body.
A Bachelor’s Degree with Credit Hours In:
- Advanced Mathematics (6)
3 Credits Must Be Calculus
- Microeconomics (3)
- Macroeconomics (3)
- Financial Accounting (3)
- Managerial Finance (3)
- Statistics (3)
Online Application Requirements
To be considered complete, the below must be included in the online application:
- Completed Online Application: With $75 non-refundable application fee.
- Current Résumé: Uploaded through the online application system.
- Two Letters of Recommendation: From professional and/or academic references.
- Statement of Purpose: In no more than 500 words, describe how the MS in Finance program fits into your professional life and your career objectives.
Additional Application Requirements
- Transcripts: From all colleges/universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as a transfer credit on another transcript. Please mail official transcripts to the mailing address at the end of this page. Unofficial copies may be uploaded to your online application, however official transcripts are required to complete your application.
- GMAT Score or GRE Score:
Test date must be within past five years. GMAT code: QK4-4F-40; GRE code: 5246
Not eligible for a test waiver? George Washington applicants can benefit from 10% off any Kaplan GMAT or GRE preparation course. Use discount code GWUSB10.
International applicants must submit one of the following—an official TOEFL score of at least 100 (internet-based test) or 600 (paper-based test), an official IELTS score of 7.0 with no individual band score below 6.0, or a PTE Academic Score of at least 68. Test date must be within the past two years.
TOEFL code: 5246
Exceptions to this requirement
- You have earned a bachelor, master, or doctoral degree from an institution in which English is the language of instruction and the official language of the country in which the university is located. In addition to the United States, applicants from the following countries are exempt from this requirement.
- You have earned a bachelor, master, or doctoral degree from an institution that is accredited by a U.S. regional accrediting agency—see list of approved schools
The program admits students for fall semester only. The deadline is May 31st. Only completed applications, with all required materials, will be considered for admission.