Graduate Certificate in Sports Management
The sport and recreation industry is estimated to be almost $500 billion with over $60 billion derived from professional sports alone. The industry includes the management and marketing of youth to professional sport organizations and athletes as well as sport media, sporting goods, health/sport clubs, and venues.
The Sport Management Certificate prepares student to enter all areas of the field with a strong understanding of sport marketing, sport media, sport law, and sport facilities.
- Completion of 12 credits of the coursework listed below to be eligible for completion
- Achievement of at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average at the time of completion
- Complete all requirements within five (5) years
In addition, students should be aware of the following course application limitations:
- Students may only apply a course towards two program requirements (ie MBAD 6224 may only be applied towards the MBA and one graduate certificate – the course cannot be applied towards the requirements of any other degree or certificate program beyond the two programs)
- Students who opt to complete two graduate certificates may only double count up to six credits between the two. All remaining requirements (typically 18 credits for two certificates) must be unique to each certificate
Required • 12 Credits
- TSTD 6264 | Sport Marketing
- TSTD 6265 | Sport Law: Contracts & Negotiations
- TSTD 6266 | Sport & Event Facility Management
- TSTD 6267 | Sport Media & Communications