Graduate Certificate in Business Information Systems
This certificate provides an overview of the field of Information Systems, defined as “the study, design, development, application, implementation, support or management of computer-based information systems.” Information systems support all aspects of an organization’s operations, management, and decision-making. An information system is both the technology that an organization uses, as well as the way in which people interact with this technology in support of business processes.
- Completion of 12 credits of the coursework listed below to be eligible for completion
- Achievement of at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average at the time of completion
- Complete all requirements within five (5) years
In addition, students should be aware of the following course application limitations:
- Students may only apply a course towards two program requirements (ie MBAD 6224 may only be applied towards the MBA and one graduate certificate – the course cannot be applied towards the requirements of any other degree or certificate program beyond the two programs)
- Students who opt to complete two graduate certificates may only double count up to six credits between the two. All remaining requirements (typically 18 credits for two certificates) must be unique to each certificate
Required • 9 credits
- ISTM 6200 | Python Program Database Applications *
- ISTM 6201 | Information Systems Development and Applications
- ISTM 6202 | Relational Databases
* May be waived based on previous coursework or work experience. Students who are approved for waiver must replace the credits with 3 credit hours of electives as outlined below.
Electives • 3 Credits
- ISTM 6xxx: Any ISTM course at the 6000 level