Admission to the World Executive MBA program is competitive. Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree and have eight years of professional organizational experience, with three to five years in a managerial capacity preferred.
The program offers fall and spring admission. Applications are considered on a rolling basis until the final deadline. We have extended the Fall 2014 deadline until August 10th.
- June 30: Preliminary application due
- August 10: Full application due
The preliminary application provides interested individuals with an opportunity to receive feedback from the admissions committee before completing the entire application. Credentials are evaluated to determine whether applicants are likely to be competitive with the broader applicant pool.
The preliminary application assists potential candidates in deciding if it is appropriate to approach their employers regarding the Organizational Commitment Form (required in the full application stage) and/or possible financial support. Information provided is held in strict confidence, and applicants’ employers will not be notified. Early submission of the preliminary application is strongly encouraged.
The preliminary application includes:
- Online application with $75 non-refundable application fee
- If prompted by the application system to choose a concentration, please choose “Signature” option.
- Résumé (upload through the online application system)
- Statement of purpose (upload through the online application system)
- Discuss why you have applied for an MBA, why you have applied to GW, and how completing an MBA aligns with your short- and long-term career aspirations. (Limit to 750 words)
- No other essays are required.
- Interview with an alumnus in your area. You will be contacted to schedule an interview.
If the preliminary application yields a favorable response, candidates are encouraged to pursue full admission and will be asked to provide supporting documentation:
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Official GMAT or GRE score for applicants who have less than ten years of professional work experience (Test date must be within past five years)
- GMAT code: QK4-4F-92.
- GRE code: 5246.
- Organizational commitment form (Provided by the program staff)
World Executive MBA
Duquès Hall, Suite 657
2201 G Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052
Phone: (202) 994-8440
Fax: (202) 994-3571