Admission & Finance
Admission is highly selective. Typically, no more than three doctoral students are admitted each year. The last date for completed applications for the academic year, is January 15th, 2018.
Applications must be submitted online.
The following criteria are considered when evaluating candidates for admission:
- Performance in Previous Degree Programs, with a GPA of 3.5 & Above
- High Test Scores. Typically a GMAT or GRE Score in the 90th Percentile & Above
- Three Letters of Recommendation Attesting to the Applicant’s Potential for Success in a Competitive Doctoral Program
- Fit Between the Candidate’s & Faculty Members’ Research Interests
- Congruence Between the Applicant’s Professional & Educational Goals & the Requirements & Objectives of the PhD Program
For more information on admission standards, visit:
The School of Business offers generous financial support. The package for the current year includes full tuition, health insurance, and an annual stipend (which requires 11 months residency). Only full-time students are admitted.
The fellowship is for five years, contingent on performance. As a general rule, students are not eligible for GWSB fellowships after their fifth year in the program.