Associate Professor of Marketing
Assistant Dean, GWSB Specialized Masters Programs
Interim Associate Dean of Graduate Programs
- Department: Marketing, Strategic Management & Public Policy
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 202-994-4190
- Office: Funger Hall, 301 A
- PhD, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- MBA, Washington University in St. Louis
- BA, American University
Perry, Vanessa G. and Pamela M. Blumenthal (2012), “Understanding the Fine Print: The Need for Effective Testing of Mandatory Mortgage Loan Disclosures,” Journal of Public Policy and Marketing, forthcoming. (ISI 1.660)
Perry, Vanessa G. and Carol M. Motley (2012), “You Live Where? An Investigation of Public Housing Stereotypes,” Journal of Public Policy and Marketing, forthcoming.
Seo, Joo Whan, Vanessa G. Perry, David Tomczyk and George Solomon (2012), “Who Benefits Most? The Effects of Managerial Assistance on Low Versus High Performing Small Businesses,” Journal of Business Research, forthcoming. (ISI 1.773)
Perry, Vanessa G. and J.D. Lee (2012), “”Shopping for a Home VS a Loan: The Role of Cognitive Resource Depletion,” International Journal of Consumer Studies, Special Issue on Consumer Issues in Credit, Debt and Financial Literacy, forthcoming. (ISI 0.512)
Perry, Vanessa Gail and Joyce Wolburg (2011), “Aging Gracefully: Emerging Issues for Public Policy and Consumer Welfare,” Journal of Consumer Affairs, 45(3),Fall, pp. 365-71. (ISI 2.175)
Motley, Carol M. and Vanessa Gail Perry (2010), “Dreams and Taboos: A Comparison of Home Loan Advertising in Saudi Arabia and the U.S.,” International Journal of Consumer Marketing, 22(2), pp. 199-212.
Perry, Vanessa G. and Carol M. Motley (2009), “Reading the Fine Print: Advertising and the Subprime Mortgage Crisis,” California Management Review, 51 (1), Fall 2009. (ISI 1.706)
Perry, Vanessa G. (2008), “Is Ignorance Bliss? Consumer Accuracy in Judgments About Credit Ratings,” Journal of Consumer Affairs, 42(2), Summer, pp. 189-205. (ISI 2.175)
Perry, Vanessa Gail (2008), “Do Acculturation and Microculture Explain the Use of Banks: An Examination of Banking among Hispanic Consumers in the United States,” Journal of Services Marketing, 22(6), pp. 423-433. (ISI 0.615)
Perry, Vanessa Gail (2008), “Where Credit is Due: The Psychology of Credit Ratings,” Journal of Behavioral Finance, 9(1), 8-17. (ISI 0.262)
BOOK CHAPTERS AND PRACTITIONER PUBLICATIONS
Perry, Vanessa G. (2012), “Charging Ahead: An Exploratory Study of Financial Decision-Making among Millennial Consumers,” in Consumer Knowledge and Financial Decisions: Lifespan Decisions, Doug Lamdin, editor, Springer: New York.
Perry, Vanessa G. (2008), “The Dearth and Life of Subprime Data: An Overview of Data Sources for Market Modeling,” http://www.hoyt.org/subprime/index.html.
- 2009, Best Paper Award, Journal of Consumer Affairs, for “Is Ignorance Bliss? Consumer Accuracy in Judgments About Credit Ratings”
- 2009, GWU School of Business Doctoral Student Association’s Peter Vaill Award, PhD Advisor of the Year
- 2008, Undergraduate Teaching Award George Washington University School of Business
- 2006, Teaching Excellence Award, George Washington University School of Business
- 2006, 2007, George Washington University School of Business Research Experience for Undergraduates Award
- 2003, Crain Research Fellow, George Washington University School of Business