Associate Professor of Finance
- Department: Finance
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (202) 994-9209
- Office: Funger Hall, Suite 505 2201 G St. NW, Washington, DC
Professor Agca received her PhD from Virginia Tech. Her research interests are in the area of corporate finance, macro-finance, credit risk and government-corporate dynamics. She has published in journals such as Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Journal of International Economics, Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of Financial Research, Emerging Markets Review, Journal of Computational Analysis, Applied Mathematical Finance, Journal of Derivatives. She has won diverse grants and awards such as the J. Wendell and Louise Crain Research Fellowship, GW-CIBER research grants, American Consortium on European Union Studies grant, GW-Institute for Corporate Responsibility grant, and Dean’s scholarship. She has worked as a visiting scholar at the IMF and Sciences Po, Paris at various periods.
- Ağca, Ş. and A. Mozumdar, 2017, “Investment-Cash Flow Sensitivity: Fact or Fiction?” Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, forthcoming.
- Ağca, Ş., G. De Nicolo and E. Detragiache, 2013, “Banking Sector Reforms and Corporate Leverage in Emerging Markets”, Emerging Markets Review, 17, 125-149.
- Ağca, Ş. and O. Celasun, 2012, “Sovereign Debt and Corporate Borrowing Costs in Emerging Markets”, Journal of International Economics, 88, 198-208. (Nominated for the Best Paper Award, 2012 FMA Conference and 2011 European FMA Conference).
- Ağca, Ş. and O. Celasun, 2012, “Banking Sector Reforms and Corporate Borrowing Costs in Emerging Markets”, Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, 48, 71-95.
- Ağca, Ş. and S. Islam, 2010, “Can CDO Equity Be Short on Correlation?” Journal of Alternative Investments, Spring, 85-96.
- Ağca, Ş. and A. Mozumdar, 2008, “The Impact of Capital Market Imperfections on the Investment-Cash Flow Sensitivity”, Journal of Banking and Finance, 32, 207-216.
- Ağca, Ş. and S. Mansi, 2008, “Managerial Ownership, Takeover Defenses, and Debt Financing”, Journal of Financial Research, Summer, 31, 85-112. [Lead Article] [2008 Outstanding Paper Award]
- Ağca, Ş., D. Agrawal and S. Islam, 2008, “Implied Correlations: Smiles or Smirks?” Journal of Derivatives, Winter, 7-35.[Lead Article]
- Ağca, Ş, 2005, “The Performance of Alternative Risk Measures and Immunization Strategies under a Heath-Jarrow-Morton Framework”, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, September 2005, 40, 645-669.
- Ağca, Ş. and D. M. Chance, 2004, “Two Extensions for Fitting Discrete Time Term Structure Models with Normally Distributed Factors”, Applied Mathematical Finance, September, 11, 187-205.
- Ağca, Ş., and D. M. Chance, 2003, “Speed and Accuracy Comparison of Bivariate Normal Distribution Approximations for Option Pricing”, Journal of Computational Finance, Summer, 6, 1-96.
- Ağca, Ş., and B. Ekşioğlu, and J. B. Ghosh, 2000, ”Lagrangian Solutions to Maximum Dispersion Problems“, Naval Research Logistics, March, 47, 97-114.
- “Fiscal Policies and the Cost of Credit” (with Deniz Igan)
- “The Lion’s Share: Evidence from Federal Contracts on the Value of Political Connections” (with Deniz Igan)
- “Fiscal Consolidation Policies and Corporate Investment Horizon” (with Xiangming Fang and Deniz Igan)
- “Managerial Activism” (with Asli Togan-Egrican)