Assistant Professor of Finance
- Department: Finance
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 202-994-6763
- Office: Funger Hall, 508
- PhD, Virginia Tech, 2001
- MBA, Virginia Tech, 1996
- BS, Istanbul University, 1993
Oya Altınkılıç joined the GW finance faculty in 2010. Previously she was faculty at University of Pittsburgh’s J.M. Katz Graduate School of Business.
Her research interests are investment banking; corporate financings; security analysts; security issuance; and corporate governance. Her research has been published in top tier journals: Journal of Financial Economics, Review of Financial Studies, Journal of Accounting and Economics, and Management Science.
She has taught PhD, MBA, and Undergraduate courses corporate finance and international finance. Her research has been featured The Financial Times, New York Times Dealbook, Reuters, The Guardian, Tages-Anzeiger, COIL , Vedomosti, FierceFinance, L’Agefi, Fox Business News, CNBC U.S., and CNBC Africa.
- “Can analysts pick stocks for the long run?”, (with R. S. Hansen and L. Ye), 2015. Journal of Financial Economics, Forthcoming.
- “Are analysts informative to the general public?”, (with V. Balashov and R. S. Hansen), 2013, Management Science, 59 (11), 2550-2565.
- “On the Information Role of Analyst Recommendations” (with R. S. Hansen), 2009, Journal of Accounting and Economics, 48 (1), 17-36.
- “Discounting and Underpricing in Seasoned Equity Offerings” (with R. S. Hansen), 2003, Journal of Financial Economics, 69, 285-323.
- “Are There Economies of Scale in Underwriter Spreads? Evidence of Rising External Financing Costs” (with R. S. Hansen), 2000. Review of Financial Studies, 13 (no. 1), 191-218.
Academic Positions Held
- School of Business, George Washington University
Assistant Professor of Finance, 2010 – present
- Katz Graduate School of Business, University of Pittsburgh
Assistant Professor of Finance, 2001 – 2010
- ESMT, Berlin, Germany
Guest Researcher, Summer 2009
- Pamplin College of Business, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
Teaching/Research Assistant, 1996-2001
- Editorial Board of the Journal of Business Research, 2007-2010