Associate Professor of Finance
- Department: Finance
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 202-994-7276
- Office: Funger Hall, 501B
- MBA, University of Michigan
- DBA, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia
Obstacles to Trade, Growth, Investment and Competitiveness: Ten Case Studies on Balkan Businesses
- Editorial Board, Case Research Journal
- Management Development Programs, Financial Decision Making for General Managers
Fulbright Scholar, Budapest, Hungary
- Online Learning (Distance Education) Works!
- Classroom Dynamics: Surveillance and Analysis
Cohen specializes in case-study teaching where students “learn by doing.” He uses this pedagogy in the BBA, MBA, Executive MBA, and MS in finance programs, and in short courses for managers. He was surprised and pleased to find that this active teaching/learning approach succeeds in online courses he designed and taught.
He wrote one of the first books combining computerized spreadsheets and financial analysis. He was the impresario for a casebook, Obstacles to Trade, Growth, Investment and Competitiveness, about businesses in the Balkan states. His manuscript “Personal Financial Advising” is used to train professional personal financial advisors.
He leads management development programs for such companies as ABB Prague, Coca-Cola Moscow, Creditanstaldt, Kraft Jacobs Suchard, Hungarian Oil & Gas Company, U.S. Steel-Slovakia, and Oracle, as well as open programs in Croatia and Latvia.