Admission is highly competitive; enrollment is limited. Students operate in one cohort throughout the academic year.
Due to the rolling admissions policy, it is highly recommended that candidates submit applications early. The candidate's major and trend in grades, personal achievements, and letters of recommendation also affect the admission decision. The MSF program seeks social, cultural, and geographical diversity in its student body.
Bachelor's degree with credit hours in:
- calculus (6)
- economics (6)
- financial accounting (3)
- managerial finance (3)
- statistics (3)
Additional coursework, degrees, and/or work experience in these five areas are considered favorably in the selection process.
- A complete online application with a $60 non-refundable application fee
- Three letters of recommendation submitted online. We will move on decisions if we receive two positive ones
- Statement of professional career goals
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- GMAT or GRE score (test date within 5 years), but could be waived based on work experience
Additional Requirements for International Students
- Visa Request and Financial Certificate form (complete both sides)
- English Language Requirement: Chinese students are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS). A minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 80 (Internet-based) on the TOEFL or an overall band score of 6.5 on the academic IELTS with no individual band score below 5.5, is required for consideration for admission. Students must have a TOEFL score of at least 600 to enroll in the second year classes.
Institution Codes for Standardized Scores
- GMAT: QK4-4F-18
- GRE: 5246
- TOEFL: 5438