Admission is highly competitive; enrollment is limited. Students operate in two cohorts throughout the academic year.
Due to the rolling admissions policy, it is highly recommended that candidates submit applications early. The candidate's major and trend in grades, personal achievements, and letters of recommendation also affect the admission decision. The MSF program seeks social, ethnic, cultural, and geographical diversity in its student body.
Bachelor's degree with credit hours in:
- calculus (6)
- economics (6)
- financial accounting (3)
- managerial finance (3)
- statistics (3)
Additional coursework, degrees, and/or work experience in these five areas are considered favorably in the selection process.
May 31 (we only have fall admissions).
- A complete online application with a $75 non-refundable application fee
- Three letters of recommendation submitted online- (We will move on decisions if we receive two positive ones)
- Statement of professional career goals
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- GMAT or GRE score (test date within 5 years), but could be waived based on work experience
Additional Requirements for International Students
- Visa Request and Financial Certificate form (complete both sides)
- English Language Requirement - graduates from countries where English is not an official language and non-native English speakers are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
A minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 80 (Internet-based) on the TOEFL or an overall band score of 6.5 on the academic IELTS with no individual band score below 5.5, is required for consideration for admission.
Students with a TOEFL score of 550 to 599 are considered for admission, but must register for and take the GW English for Academic Purposes Course.
The student may be restricted in the number and type of courses that can be taken.
Students assigned English for Academic Purpose courses should anticipate additional related tuition expenses as well as a possible extended period of time required to complete their degree program.
Institution Codes for Standardized Scores
- GMAT: QK4-4F-18
- GRE: 5246
- TOEFL: 5246
Tuition & Financial Planning
2013-2014 Academic Year
Tuition rates will be $1485 per credit hour (48 total hours). One year intensive program $71,280; Two year regular program $35,640 per year.