Mandatory Orientation &
Mandatory Orientation & Arrival Dates
All newly admitted international students are required to attend several orientation sessions. Please see below for the specific requirements of your program.
At the International Student Institute (ISI), the Office of Global & Experiential Education will provide important information that will help students adjust to campus life and access the many resources available to members of the GW community.
International students enrolled in a Specialized Master’s degree program must also attend the International Student Orientation hosted by the International Services Office (ISO) and any orientation session organized by their individual program.
Orientation Schedule | Incoming Global MBA Students
The International Student Institute (ISI) and Global MBA Institute will take place on the following dates:
- Monday, July 31st – Friday August 4th | Please plan on attending orientations every day this week.
- Monday, August 7th – Friday August 25th | Visit the GMBA C-Suite for details.
Orientation Schedule | Incoming Specialized Master’s Students
The schedule below applies to the following programs:
Master of Accountancy | Master of Science in Business Analytics | Master of Science in Information Systems Technology | Master of Science in Government Contracts | Master of Science in Project Management | Master of Tourism Administration
- Saturday, August 19th | Visit the Specialized Masters Institute page for details.
- August 22nd (Morning) | International Services Office, International Student Orientation (ISO)
- August 22nd (Afternoon) | School of Business, International Student Institute (ISI)
Other Important Dates
Remember, you are allowed to enter the United States up to 30 days before the program start date listed on your I-20/DS-2019.
Please note, as an F-1 or J-1 student, you are automatically enrolled in GW’s health insurance plan. For students beginning their studies in the spring, insurance coverage begins on August 12th.
In the weeks leading up to the start of fall semester, G&EE distributes a weekly newsletter containing valuable information that may help facilitate your transition to our campus in Washington D.C.
Links to each newsletter are available below. Remember to periodically re-visit this page as the newsletters are frequently updated.
Specialized Master’s Program Newsletters
- Orientation Dates & Housing
- Immigration, Arrival and Transportation
- Campus health, immunizations & health insurance