International Student Advisory Board (ISAB)
Students on the ISAB serve as advisors to Global & Experiential Education (G&EE) regarding orientation, programming and issues of significance to the graduate international student experience. Board members also provide feedback to other School of Business and GW offices upon request. The board is comprised of one student representing each of GWSB’s graduate programs that have significant international student communities.
- To improve the international graduate student experience and encourage a sense of community at The George Washington University School of Business from orientation through graduation.
- To serve as a forum for GWSB international graduate students to voice issues, concerns, and praise.
- To encourage collaboration with faculty, staff, and students to ensure a positive experience for all GWSB international graduate students.
Prashant Shuklabaidya • Master of Science in Business Analytics Program (MSBA)
- Undergraduate Institution: Indiana University – Kelley School of Business; Majors: Finance, Management & International Studies; Minor: Economics
- Home Country: India
- Hobbies / Interests: Reading, Economics, Finance, Geopolitics, Statistics, Organizational Theory, International Relations, Linguistics, History, Theology, Anthropology, Genomics & Evolutionary Biology
- Fun Fact: I’m pretty good at guessing the Myers–Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) of people when I first meet them!
- Past and/or current work experiences: After graduating from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University, I worked as a Research Associate at the Center for Sleep Sciences and Medicine, a research institute of the Stanford University School of Medicine’s Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science. I was involved in their Narcolepsy Project, wherein I contributed to the development of a comprehensive statistical framework for comparative immunological analysis. I have diverse interests drawn from various aspects of finance, economics, organizational theory, geopolitics and international relations, and am interested in the implications that the advent of the analytics paradigm will have for the same.
Ashwini “AJ” Naidu • Global Master of Business Administration (GMBA)
- Undergraduate Institution / Undergraduate Major: University of Mumbai; Major: Chemistry
- Previous Graduate Institution / Graduate Program: University of Madras; Major: Biochemistry
- Home Country: India
- Hobbies / Interests: Reading, Cooking, Watching Movies & Traveling
- A Fun Fact: I am an amateur tattoo artist and an animal rights activist who loves to eat street food.
- Past and/or current work experiences: I was most recently employed with India’s leading Biopharmaceutical firm Biocon, in Bangalore, as a lead Senior Scientist. I have been with the company for over 56 months. My primary area of expertise was Bio-similar and Generic Oncological and auto-immune drug development, global regulatory requirements (FDA, European and Japanese bodies) and healthcare operations management. I have the experience of working with local government bodies and non-profit organizations with respect to cancer rehabilitation and improvement of sanitary conditions in urban Mumbai. With my unique experience of working with government, social and corporate healthcare sectors, I am deeply passionate about improving the healthcare scenario with smart business solutions.
Jing Li • Master of Accountancy Program (MACCY)
- Undergraduate Institution / Undergraduate Major: Nankai Universit; Bachelor of Administration
- Previous Graduate Institution / Graduate Program: Nankai University; Master of Economics
- Home Country: China
- Hobbies / Interests: Traveling & reading
- Fun Fact: I have learned in several different areas, from technical areas to analytical areas, all of which I find very interesting. I like to be challenged and keep learning.
- Past and/or current work experiences: I am currently working as an office assistant and a teaching assistant in Department of Accountancy.
Dazhu “David” Hao • Master of Tourism Administration (MTA)
- Undergraduate Institution / Undergraduate Major: Boston University; Majors: Math & Economics
- Home Country: China
- Hobbies / Interests: Watching sports, Exercising & Reading
- Fun Fact: I drove across the U.S. – from Boston to San Francisco in 2015!
- Past and/or current work experiences: I had a summer internship with Nike China in 2010, focusing on marketing and sales. Looking forward, I hope to utilize the many opportunities in D.C. area to learn more about sports management in the U.S. context while studying at GW.
Shatha Alkhattabi • Master of Science in Finance Program (MSF)
- Undergraduate Institution / Undergraduate Major: King Abdulaziz University; Major: Mathematics
- Home Country: Saudi Arabia
- Hobbies / Interests: Traveling & Hiking
- Fun Fact:
- I’m on Google Street View with my face is blurred out. Also, I’m not a morning person at all – most likely because I can’t fall asleep until after 2 a.m. most of the time!
- Past and/or current work experiences: I’m working with the Saudi Capital Market Authority (CMA) as an enforcement and investigation officer. CMA partially sponsors my scholarship to study at GW. In addition, I was one of the first women to be offered a job in this male-dominated organization.
Phoebe Addo • Master of Science in Information Systems Technology (MSIST)
- Undergraduate Institution / Undergraduate Major: SUNY Plattsburgh; Majors: Business Administration & Management Information Systems
- Home Country: Ghana
- Hobbies / Interests: Reading, Cooking, Exploring new types of music & Shopping
- Fun Fact: I love the show One Tree Hill.
- Past and/or current work experiences: I came to Washington, D.C. in 2014 for an opportunity to intern with National Public Radio (NRP) as a Project Management Intern. After working for NPR for one year, I applied to the MSIST program at GW. Currently, I am a Graduate Assistant within the MSIST department.
Aurelia Liande • Master of Science in Project Management (MSPM)
- Undergraduate Institution / Undergraduate Major: Independent University of Angola; Majors: Business Management & Marketing
- Home Country: Angola
- Hobbies / Interests: Traveling, Reading & Discussing African Politics
- Fun Fact: I am very passionate about my country and Africa in general. I love the food, the music (Kizomba & Semba) and how easy going people tend to be.
- Work experience: My professional experience includes five years with ExxonMobil Angola and three years with EMAAR Properties PJSC in Dubai, Now, I run a real estate advisory company with a focus on attracting international investors to Africa.
Return to G&EE Home