Current GWSB International Students
The Global & Experiential Education office at the School of Business is dedicated to assisting our international student population from admission through graduation.
The following resources have been developed to assist student transition and success while at the School of Business. Any questions regarding this material can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Student Institute and Pre-Arrival Materials
Prior to arriving to GWSB, G&EE distributes weekly newsletters containing valuable information that will facilitate the transition to our campus in Washington D.C.
All international students are required to attend the International Student Institute (ISI) provided by G&EE. The ISI provides new international students with the tools and skills necessary to navigate the School of Business and to succeed both academically and socially. G&EE will provide international students with pertinent information on adjusting to campus life and highlight the resources that are available to them. G&EE will also deliver workshops throughout the semester to ensure new international students have the skills and resources to adjust to life at GWSB and to succeed in and out of the classroom.
International students enrolled in specialized master’s degree programs must also attend International Student Orientation hosted by the International Services Office (ISO) in addition to their individual program orientation. Please make note of the dates below:
- International Services Office, International Student Orientation – Tuesday, January 5, 2016; 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (Mandatory for all international students in specialized master’s programs)
- School of Business, International Student Institute – Tuesday, January 5, 2016; 12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. (Mandatory for all international students)
Pdf versions of each newsletter will be updated and uploaded here on the day it is distributed for you to review and download. Please check back as these are updated frequently.
- Newsletter one: Orientations Dates & Housing
- Newsletter two: Immigration, Arrival & Public Transportation
- Newsletter three: Campus Health, Immunizations & Health Insurance
- Newsletter four: Finances
- Newsletter five: Checking-in, Adjustment & Campus Life
We would also like to let you know that your GW health insurance, in which you are automatically enrolled as F-1 students, begins on January 1, 2016.
Events and Workshops
As events and workshops become available, please visit this page to view any updates on workshops and events for GWSB international students. However in the meantime, please visit the GWSB events calendar for all events and workshops happening on campus.