2011 Research Grant Recipients
2010 Research Grant Recipients
Associate Professor of International Business and International Affairs. "Investing in Peace and Development: The Process of Diaspora Investment in Sub-Saharan Africa."
PhD Student, School of Busineses. "How Corporate Climate Change Adaptations Influence Corporate Environmental Performance: A Longitudinal Study in the U.S. Ski Resort Industry."
PhD Student, Trachtenberg School of Public Policy and Public Administration. "Entrepreneurial Approaches to Sustainable Development: Aligning
Incentives, Measuring Outcomes."
Mark Heuer, Adjunct Faculty, Strategic Management and Public Policy. "Sustainability Governance Across Time and Space:�� Connecting Environmental Stewardship in the Firm with Global Community."
Assistant Professor of Economics. "A Stochastic Discrete Analysis of Scrapping Subsidies."
Assistant Professor of International Business and International Affairs. "Commitments to Global Initiatives: Empty Promises or Good Practices?"
PhD Candidate, Graduate Research Fellow-Institute for European, Russian, and Eurasian Studies. "The Greening of Human Rights: NGOs and Climate
PhD Candidate, Strategic Management and Public Policy. "Ethical Employee Behavior through Trust Network Embeddedness."
Maryam Zarnegar Deloffre,
PhD Candidate, Political Science. "Doing the Right Thing: Perceptions of Ethical Problems and the Social Legitimacy of Multi-national Corporations."
Associate Professor of Finance. "Credit Market Reforms and Corporate Borrowing Costs in Emerging Markets."
PhD Candidate, Strategic Management and Public Policy. "Corporate Environmental Strategy: A Corporate Governance Perspective."
PhD Candidate, Finance. "What Attributes of Corporate Governance are Relevant to Bondholders?"
2009 Summer Research Grant Recipients
- Zinan Zhu, PhD Student in Accounting Department at GWU. "The Association between corporate Governance and Accounting Irregularities."
- Kuo-Liang Chen, PhD Student, SMPP Department. "Profit Margins and the Initiative of Corporate Social Responsibility."
- Michael M. Harmon, Professor of Trachtenberg School of Public Policy and Public Administration. "Counterintuitive Ethical Guidance for Managers."
- Pete Tashman, PhD Student, SMPP Department. "A Conceptual Model of Business Strategies for Climate Change."
- Stuart Levy, Assistant Professor , Department of Tourism and Hospitality Management (PI) , and Gu Huimin, Deputy Dean, China Hospitality Industry Center and Professor, Beijing International Studies University. "Guest and Employee Perceptions of Hotel Sustainability Efforts."
- Mark Klock, Professor of Finance. "What will it take to Label Participation in a Deceptive Scheme to Defraud Buyers of Securities a Violation of Section 10(b)? The Disastrous Result and Reasoning of Stoneridge."
- Jorge Rivera, Associate Professor SMPP, "Industry Associations and Corporate Environmental Performance: Evidence for Trinidad and Tobago"
- Juan Andres Roeschmann Gillmore, PhD Student, SMPP Department. "Collective Participation into a Voluntary Environmental Certification."
- J. Mark Philips, JD/MBA (Doctoral Candidate, Department of Management. "Citizen Shareholders: Does the Receipt of Federal Bailout Money Expand a Corporation's Fiduciary Duties Beyond its Shareholders?"
- Rafel Lucea, Assistant Professor in International Business. "Cross-Border Non-Market Environments; a Multirelational approach: Follow up research" ( No Application form)
- Susan Aaronson, Research Professor, Elliott School. "Educating Practioners and MBA students on Corporate Responsibility in Conflict Zones.
2008 Summer Research Grant Recipients
- Michelle Westermann-Behaylo, Doctoral Student, Department of Strategic Management and Public Policy. "Corporate Ethical Climate as an Antecedent to Stakeholder Management Decisions: A Structural Equation Model and Empirical Test."
- Chuck Koerber, Department of Strategic Management & Public Policy. Motivations for Social, Ethical, and Environmental Reporting and Corporate Codes of Conduct."
- Paul Churchill, Professor, Dept. of Philosophy. "The Difficulty of Assessing Corporations Morally: Alternate Perspectives."
- Lucy Lim, Doctoral Student, Department of Accounting. "Dual class vs. single class firms: information environment."
- Tim Clark, Doctoral Student, Department of Strategic Management and Public Policy. "A dependent variable concept for measurement of stakeholder management"
- Peter Tashman, Doctoral Student, Department of Strategic Management and Public Policy. "Dynamic Capabilities and Base of the Pyramid Business Strategies."
- Susan Aaronson, Research Associate Professor, GWU Graduate School of Business and the Elliott School of International Affairs. "Reluctant Partners: Business, Governments, NGOs and the EITI."
- Jorge Rivera, Associate Professor, Department of Strategic Management and Public Policy. "Business and Public Policy: Responses to Environmental & Social Protection Processes."
- Jennifer J. Griffin, Associate Professor, Department of Strategic Management and Public Policy. "Corporate Responsibility in a Global Economy."
- John Forrer, Associate Research Professor, Department of Strategic Management and Public Policy. "Locating PTC in the Global Governance Landscape."