Eligibility To receive this award, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a City Year corps member, a City Year alumnus who has completed one year of service or a City Year staff member employed for at least two years.
- You must be pursuing the full-time Global MBA.
- $25,000 tuition scholarship for up to three (3) recipients per year. This scholarship dollar amount is not renewable for the second year, but will be dispersed throughout the duration of the program at a set rate to be determined in the scholarship award letter.
- Application fee waiver
- One-year deferral for students who are admitted to the program and decide to serve with City Year before starting their Global MBA.
- Scholarships described above represent the minimum awards; applicants will be considered for additional merit- aid based on the academic strength of the application.
How to Apply
- In order to receive the application fee waiver, please select "Pay by Check” when you get to the section of the application that requires you to pay the application fee. Then, submit your application, immediately email the Admissions Office email@example.com and provide an official verification letter (see below) from City Year that confirms your eligibility. We will then verify your application fee waiver in our system.
- A verification letter must be submitted to have the application fee waived and to be considered for the scholarship. Please send an email to Nan Shearer, City Year Alumni & Career Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org with "GW MBA: City Year verification letter request” in the subject line and include the site where you served and dates of service in the email. This letter will be sent to GWSB’s Admissions Office and added to your applicant file.
- Please indicate in the optional essay section that you are applying for the City Year Scholarship.
- Please see City Year website for additional information.
- All admission and scholarship decisions are made by GW School of Business and applicants must meet all application requirements and be a competitive candidate to be considered for admission and the scholarship.