Title: Director, European Union Research Center, Professor of International Finance/Business, and Professor of International Affairs
Department: International Business
Address: Funger Hall 401E
Phone: (202) 994-6813
Curriculum vitae: CV
Ph.D., George Washington University, 1992
M.B.A., George Washington University, 1989
B.A., George Washington University, 1985
Area of Expertise: Global financial markets; Central banks; Global financial crisis management and financial sector development; financial sector corporate governance, European Union; Economics and corruption, and Economics and religion.
- Corruption And Its Manifestation In The Persian Gulf (with H. Askari, N. Arfaa), Massachusetts: Edward Elgar Publishers, 2010.
- "Measuring The Impact Of Globalization On Corporate Governance In Emerging Markets", (with F. Perry), European Journal of Management, June 2011.
- "Using Market Concentration in the Banking Sector as a Key Indicator for a Financial Soundness Index: A Case Study of Germany, France, Poland, Hungary, Albania, and Serbia", (with A. Kulathunga), Journal of International Finance and Economics, June 2011.
- "Corruption: The View From The Persian Gulf" (with H. Askari and N. Arfaa), Global Economy Journal, 2011.
- "Explaining the Returns of Active Currency Managers (For Public Investors)" (with S. Nasypbek) Bank of International Settlements (BIS) Public Investors Reports, Nov 2010.
- "An Economic IslamicityIndex (EI2)," (with H. Askari), Global Economy Journal, Vol. 10, Issue 3, Fall 2010.
- "Islamicity Index (I2): How Islamic Are Islamic Countries?" (with H. Askari), Global Economy Journal, Vol.10, Issue 2, Sum 2010.
- "Obama Administration And The U.S. Financial Crisis". Global Economy Journal, Vol. 10 : Issue 1, Sp 2010.
Awards, Honors, Grants:
- 2010-11 Oscar and Shoshanna Trachtenberg Teaching Award, GWU
- 2011-12 GWIPP University Policy Research Scholar Award, GWU
- 2010 University Service Excellence Celebration Choice Award-Parents Choice Award, GWU
- 2010 Faculty of the Year Award by the Board of Advisors, School of Business, GWU
- Delegation of the European Commission, European Union Educational Grants (1999-current)
Selected Media Appearances: PBS News Hour with Jim Lehrer, Colbert Report, CNBC's "Worldwide Exchange, C-Span Washington Journal Voice of America News Show