MBA/MS in Project Management Degree Requirements
MBA/MSPM is 75 credit hours long. Three-credit courses are a full semester long (14 weeks). Courses that are 1.5 credits are seven weeks in length and are offered either in the first or second half of a semester.
Students should refer to their assigned academic advisors in the MBA and MSPM programs for information on registration, policies, and procedures for the respective programs. In addition, students should refer to the MBA Current Student website for complete information on the MBA program.
- Achievement of at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average at the time of graduation
- Complete all degree requirements within five (5) years
MBA Degree Requirements
Students must complete 51 credits of the following coursework to be eligible for graduation.
Core Courses (Global and Healthcare MBA: 31.5 cr.; all other programs: 28.5 cr.)
- 6202 Foundational Management Topics in Health Care (3 cr. – Healthcare MBA program only)
- 6211 Financial Accounting (3 cr.)
- 6213 Managerial Accounting (1.5 cr. – 6211*)
- 6224 Decision Making & Data Analysis (3 cr.)
- 6223 Operations Management (1.5 cr. – 6224*)
- 6235 Finance (3 cr. – 6211*, 6224*, 6242*)
- 6242 Micro for the Global Economy (1.5 cr.)
- 6245 Global Perspectives (3 cr.)
- 6263 Organizations & Human Capital (3 cr.)
- 6274 Marketing (3 cr.)
- 6289 Business Ethics & Public Policy (3 cr.)
- Strategic Management Series
- Global MBA Program:
- All other programs
- 6294 Consulting Abroad Project (3 cr. – Global MBA Program)
* Indicates a pre-requisite course which must be completed prior to taking this course.
** Up to 6 credits of core may be waived based on previous academic coursework. See the Core Course Waiver Policy for details.
MBA Electives (Global and Healthcare MBA: 19.5 cr.; all other programs: 22.5 cr.)
- Students in the Healthcare MBA are required to complete 12 credits of healthcare-focused electives offered through the School of Medicine and Health Sciences. Students should refer to the Healthcare MBA Degree Requirements webpage for a listing of health-care focused elective options.
- Internships may not be applied towards the MBA degree requirements.
- Elective courses must be taken for a letter grade with the exception of courses taken at the GW Law School where courses are letter graded and then converted to a CR on the graduate transcript.
- Elective credits can be fulfilled by taking 6000+ level courses within the School of Business. In addition, students may enroll up to 12 credits of 6000+ level courses outside of the School of Business at GWU; up to six (6) of the 12 credits can be fulfilled outside of The George Washington University. This 12-credit maximum includes all approved transfer credit, Consortium coursework, and graduate-level courses completed at GWU outside of the GWSB.
MSPM Degree Requirements
Core Courses (24 cr.)
- DNSC 6261 Introduction to Project & Program Management (3 cr.)
- DNSC 6251 Optimization Models for Decision Making (1.5 cr.)
- DNSC 6252 Risk Analysis for Decision Making (1.5 cr.)
- DNSC 6254 Risk Management (1.5 cr.)
- DNSC 6257 Cost Estimation and Control (1.5 cr.)
- DNSC 6258 Executive Decision Making (1.5 cr.)
- DNSC 6259 Project Portfolio Management (1.5 cr.)
- DNSC 6267 Planning and Scheduling (3 cr.)
- DNSC 6262 Directed Computational Project Management (3 cr.)
- DNSC 6269 Project Management Application (3 cr. – Capstone)
MSPM Electives (3 cr.)
- Please see your MSPM academic advisor for more information on MSPM elective options.