Global MBA Degree Requirements
The Global MBA program is 55.5 credit hours long. Three-credit courses are a full semester long (14 weeks). Courses that are 1.5 credits are seven weeks in length and are offered either in the first or second half of a semester.
Students in the Global MBA program are registered by their academic advisor for their core coursework during their first year of study. During their second year, Global MBA students register themselves directly through GWeb for their Strategy Formulation & Implementation course held during the fall semester along with their remaining elective coursework.
Download the Global MBA Roadmap (pdf)
- Achievement of at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average at the time of graduation
- Complete all degree requirements within five (5) years
Students must complete 55.5 credits of the following coursework to be eligible for graduation.
Core Courses (28.5 Credits)
- 6211 Financial Accounting (3 cr.)
- 6213 Managerial Accounting (1.5 cr. – 6211*)
- 6224 Decision Making & Data Analysis (3 cr.)
- 6223 Operations Management (1.5 cr. – 6224*)
- 6235 Finance (3 cr. – 6211*, 6224*, 6242*)
- 6242 Micro for the Global Economy (1.5 cr.)
- 6245 Global Perspectives (3 cr.)
- 6263 Organizations & Human Capital (3 cr.)
- 6274 Marketing (3 cr.)
- 6289 Business Ethics & Public Policy (3 cr.)
- 6287 Strategy Fundamentals (1.5 cr. – completed during Institute)
- 6286 Strategic Formulation & Implementation (1.5 cr. – all core courses*)
* Indicates a pre-requisite course which must be completed prior to taking this course.
** Up to 6 credits of core may be waived based on previous academic coursework. See the Core Course Waiver Policy for details.
Consulting Abroad Project (3 Credits)
Students must complete both the on-campus and study abroad components of MBAD 6294 Consulting Abroad Project (CAP).
Electives (24 Credits)
- Internships may not be applied towards the MBA degree requirements.
- Elective courses must be taken for a letter grade with the exception of courses taken at the GW Law School where courses are letter graded and then converted to a CR on the graduate transcript.
- Elective credits can be fulfilled by taking 6000+ level courses within the School of Business. In addition, students may enroll up to 12 credits of 6000+ level courses outside of the School of Business at GWU; up to six (6) of the 12 credits can be fulfilled outside of The George Washington University. This 12-credit maximum includes all approved transfer credit, Consortium coursework, and graduate-level courses completed at GWU outside of the GWSB.
- Students may complete an elective concentration by completing the 12 unique credits of required coursework as outlined by the academic department. Courses applied to a concentration requirement may not be double counted between different concentrations nor core requirements. See each concentration for details.