Information Systems & Technology Management Concentration
The concentration in Information Systems and Technology Management provides MBA candidates with executive-level insight into the components and operations of information technology and information systems. Program coursework focuses on developing an advanced understanding of the IS/IT-specific skills and knowledge needed to lead in the digital information age.
Things to consider:
- Students can complete the Information Systems & Technology Management concentration online and on-campus.
- Elective courses are scheduled based on faculty availability and student demand and are not guaranteed to be offered every semester or every academic year.
- Special Topics courses (typically numbered 6290) are experimental offerings that, depending on demand, may or may not become permanent offerings.
- Students who wish to satisfy a MBA concentration elective with a course that is not listed below must submit a Petition for Elective Credit form.
Students must complete 12 unique credits to complete a concentration. Courses offered online are noted with an *. Students who would like to focus on Technology Management should refer to the suggested course listing below.
Required Courses (6 Credits)
- ISTM 6201 Information Systems Development and Applications (3 cr.)*
- ISTM 6202 Relational Database (3 cr.)*
Electives (6 Credits)
- ISTM 6XXX Any ISTM course 6000 and above
Courses offered online:
- ISTM 6204 Information Technology Project Management (3 cr.)*
- ISTM 6203 Telecommunications and Enterprise Networks (3 cr.)*
- ISTM 6206 Information Systems Security (3 cr.)*
- ISTM 6211 Data Warehousing and Online Analytical Processing (3 cr.)*
- ISTM 6215 Human-Computer Interaction (3 cr.)*
- ISTM 6290 Web & Social Analytics (3 cr.)*