Information Systems & Technology Management Concentration
MBA concentrations have been replaced by graduate certificates beginning in the Fall 2017 semester. Students who matriculate into their MBA program starting in the Fall 2017 semester and are interested in specializing should review the graduate certificates available and reach out to their assigned academic advisor with any questions.
Students who matriculated prior to the Fall 2017 semester may complete either a graduate certificate or concentration by completing coursework as outlined by the academic department.
The concentration in Information Systems and Technology Management provides MBA candidates with executive-level insight into the components and operations of information technology and information systems. Program coursework focuses on developing an advanced understanding of the IS/IT-specific skills and knowledge needed to lead in the digital information age.
Things to consider:
- Students can complete the Information Systems & Technology Management concentration online and on-campus.
- Elective courses are scheduled based on faculty availability and student demand and are not guaranteed to be offered every semester or every academic year.
- Special Topics courses (typically numbered 6290) are experimental offerings that, depending on demand, may or may not become permanent offerings.
- Students who wish to satisfy a MBA concentration elective with a course that is not listed below must submit a Petition for Elective Credit form.
Students must complete the three credit hour prerequisite course in addition to the required 12 credits to complete a concentration. Courses offered online are noted with an *. Students who would like to focus on Technology Management should refer to the suggested course listing below.
Prerequisite Course (3 Credits)
- ISTM 6290 Python Programming and Database Applications (3 cr.)**
Required Courses (6 Credits)
Electives (6 Credits)
- ISTM 6XXX Any ISTM course 6000 and above
Courses offered online:
- ISTM 6204 Information Technology Project Management (3 cr.)*
- ISTM 6203 Telecommunications and Enterprise Networks (3 cr.)*
- ISTM 6206 Information Systems Security (3 cr.)*
- ISTM 6211 Data Warehousing and Online Analytical Processing (3 cr.)*
- ISTM 6215 Human-Computer Interaction (3 cr.)*
- ISTM 6290 Web & Social Analytics (3 cr.)*
Technology Management Focus
Required Courses (12 Credits)
- ISTM 6201 Information Systems Development (3 cr.)*
- ISTM 6202 Relational Database (3 cr.)*
- ISTM 6223 Technology Entrepreneurship (3 cr.)
- ISTM 6224 Management of Technology Innovation (3 cr.)
*Indicates course is offered online
**The prerequisite course credits may be applied towards the MBA general electives requirement.