Accounting & Advisory Services Concentration
Accounting is the management of financial information to provide organizations with the vital financial information they need to function, compete, and succeed. The Accounting & Advisory Services concentration educates students how to access and analyze financial information and present it to clients in a meaningful and useful format, answering questions such as: “How profitable is this business? How solvent? How risky?” This concentration prepares students to function and prosper in the in-demand field of accounting advisory services.
Things to consider:
- Students must be able to attend classes on-campus to complete the Accounting & Advisory Services concentration.
- Elective courses are scheduled based on faculty availability and student demand and are not guaranteed to be offered every semester or every academic year.
- Special Topics courses (typically numbered 6290) are experimental offerings that, depending on demand, may or may not become permanent offerings.
- Students who wish to satisfy a MBA concentration elective with a course that is not listed below must submit a Petition for Elective Credit form requesting permission to apply the course to the concentration elective requirements.
Students must complete 12 unique credits to complete a concentration.
Required Course (3 Credits)
Electives (9 Credits)
- ACCY 6104 Intermediate Accounting I (3 cr.)
- ACCY 6105 Intermediate Accounting II (3 cr.)
- ACCY 6110 International Reporting and Control (1.5 cr.)
- ACCY 6111 International Accounting (1.5 cr.)
- ACCY 6112 International Financial Reporting Standards (1.5 cr.)
- ACCY 6202 Managerial Accounting II (1.5 cr.)
- ACCY 6203 Controls, Alignment and the Organization (1.5 cr.)
- ACCY 6301 Contemporary Auditing Theory (3 cr.)
- ACCY 6302 Fraud Examination and Forensic Accounting (3 cr)
- ACCY 6401 Federal Income Taxation (3 cr.)
- ACCY 6402 Federal Income Taxation for Partnerships (3 cr.)
- ACCY 6403 Federal Income Taxation for Corporations (3 cr.)
- ACCY 6501 Accounting Information Systems & EDP (3 cr.)
- ACCY 6601 Business Law: Contracts, Torts and Property (3 cr.)
- ACCY 6602 Business Law: Enterprise Organization (3 cr.)
- ACCY 6701 Government and Nonprofit Accounting and Auditing (3 cr.)
- ACCY 6801 Corporate Governance and Ethics (3 cr.)
- IBUS 6308 International Reporting and Control (1.5 cr.)
- IBUS 6309 International Accounting (1.5 cr.)
- IBUS 6310 International Financial Reporting Standards (1.5 cr.)
- MBAD 6285 Business Law (1.5 cr.)
- SMPP 6215 Corporate Governance and Ethics (3 cr.)