MBA concentrations have been replaced by graduate certificates beginning in the Fall 2017 semester. Students who matriculate into their MBA program starting in the Fall 2017 semester and are interested in specializing should review the graduate certificates available and reach out to their assigned academic advisor with any questions.
Students who matriculated prior to the Fall 2017 semester may complete either a graduate certificate or concentration by completing coursework as outlined by the academic department. The following concentrations may be completed online:
- Global Management
- Government Contracts
- Information Systems and Technology Management
- Project Management
Note the following:
- All concentrations require the successful completion of 12 unique credits. Each includes both required coursework (3-6 credits) that must be taken and a list of optional courses to complete the remaining credits (6-9 credits).
- Courses cannot be shared between concentrations or core requirements. If a course has been taken to fulfill one concentration then it cannot be used toward the requirements of another. A course may not be double-counted between a concentration and a core requirement.
- If all of the requirements have been met the concentration will appear on the transcript. It will not appear on the diploma.
- Once a concentration is declared, students must meet all concentration requirements in order to be eligible for graduation. Should a student have adequate credits for graduation but not meet the concentration requirements, s/he will not be cleared for graduation until either the requirements are met or concentration deleted via the Concentration Declaration Form.
- Students who wish to satisfy a MBA concentration elective requirement with a GW course that has not been pre-approved must submit a Petition for Elective Credit form requesting permission to apply the course to the concentration elective requirements.
- Concentrations are subject to change.