Students may complete a concentration by completing coursework as outlined by the academic department. The following concentrations may be completed online:
- Global Management
- Government Contracts
- Information Systems and Technology Management
- Project Management
Note the following:
- All concentrations require the successful completion of 12 unique credits. Each includes both required coursework (3-6 credits) that must be taken and a list of optional courses to complete the remaining credits (6-9 credits).
- Courses cannot be shared between concentrations or core requirements. If a course has been taken to fulfill one concentration then it cannot be used toward the requirements of another. A course may not be double-counted between a concentration and a core requirement.
- If all of the requirements have been met the concentration will appear on the transcript. It will not appear on the diploma.
- Once a concentration is declared, students must meet all concentration requirements in order to be eligible for graduation. Should a student have adequate credits for graduation but not meet the concentration requirements, s/he will not be cleared for graduation until either the requirements are met or concentration deleted via the Concentration Declaration Form .
- Students who wish to satisfy a MBA concentration elective requirement with a GW course that has not been pre-approved must submit a Petition for Elective Credit form requesting permission to apply the course to the concentration elective requirements.
- Concentrations are subject to change.