All students must wear a cap and gown for the School of Business Celebration and during Commencement. Visit the GW Commencement site for ordering information. NONE will be available on the day of, you must order ahead.
The only exception to the cap and gown requirement will be given to former or current students in the military. Students should come in full uniform.
Traditionally, academic fields are represented by specific colors at universities across the country and the world, including at GW.
- Commerce, Accountancy & Business: Drab
- Science: Golden Yellow
To clarify further, we’ve outlined the hood color by graduate degree program:
- Master of Accountancy: Drab
- Master of Business Administration: Drab
- Master of Science in Business Analytics: Golden Yellow
- Master of Science in Finance: Golden Yellow
- Master of Science in Government Contracts: Golden Yellow
- Master of Science in Information Systems Technology: Golden Yellow
- Master of Science in Project Management: Golden Yellow
- Master of Tourism Administration: Drab