Student Speaker & Singer Auditions
One graduating Undergraduate and one graduating Masters student will be selected to speak about his/her experiences, lessons learned, and words of encouragement on stage in front of fellow graduates, family, friends, faculty and staff at their School of Business Commencement Celebration. In addition, one Undergraduate student singer and one Masters student singer will be selected to sing the National Anthem and Alma Mater.
Audition Dates, Times & Location
- The Masters Student & Speaker Auditions are scheduled for Wednesday, March 1st from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm in Duquès Hall, Room 553.
- The Undergraduate Student & Speaker Auditions are scheduled for Thursday, March 2nd from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm in Duquès Hall, Room 553.
- Any student who earned his/her degree in Fall 2016 or will earn their degree in Spring 2017 or Summer 2017, is eligible.
- Good academic standing.
How to Sign Up
Prospective graduates interested in being a speaker or singer at the School of Business Commencement Celebrations should email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for an audition time. In the email send a brief bio, a recent photo and your availability by Thursday, February 23rd.
Your time slot will be finalized on Friday, February 24th by COB.
- Students should arrive 10 minutes before their designated time slot.
- Students should be dressed in business attire.
- Be prepared to deliver a 3-5 minute commencement speech or to sing the National Anthem and Alma Mater. Auditions should last no more than 10 minutes, please do not go over.
- Also be prepared to share a bit about yourself for 30 seconds before you sing or give your speech and to answer any questions that the judges may have.
Selected students will receive 2 additional tickets to the GWSB Celebration. For more information please email email@example.com or call the GWSB Office of Facility Services and Events at (202) 994-8252.
The University Student Speaker & Singer Auditions
The University-wide student speaker competition is run through the Office of University Events. If you are interested in auditioning to speak on the National Mall, please contact the Office of University Events.