About Business Gives Back
What do we do?
- Partner with GWSB alumni and local businesses that are engaging in great initiatives within the community to promote and maintain synergy between the school and society.
- Host an annual gala highlighting the great things the business school has done for the community.
- Annually, honor a current student and GW alumni who have engaged their business degree in socially responsible business endeavors.
What have we done?
- Raised over $15,000 collectively for LearnServe International, the Financial Literacy Program, Abriendo Mentes, and Jonas Umbrellas
- Presented 2 GW Alumni with the inaugural Business Gives Back Distinguished Alumni Award for leading ethically and responsibly in a business setting.
- Dan Simons, Partner at Farmers Restaurant Group
- Marcia Bullard, Director of the Hearth of America and Points of Life
- Honored five GWSB students for their commitments to society:
- Amir Abdallah, founder of the aforementioned Financial Literacy Program, a GWSB student organization educating individuals in the community on how to make good financial decisions in their lives.
- Jay Leblang, founder of the Jenna Ashley Smiles 929 Foundation, which supports community service projects with a focus on youth, literacy, and medical research
- Daniel Lieberman and Music for Matt, a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization that hosts an annual benefit concert in partnership with the Peace Corps, Tulane University, and Sigma Phi Epsilon that has raised more than $35,000 for deserving Tulane students and the Peace Corps Partnership Program in Mali.
- Meredith Leebrick, Co-founder of Abriendo Mentes a community development initiative that empowers rural Costa Rican communities through innovative educational and social programming.
- Josh Pavano, founder of Jonas Umbrellas, an initiative in which every limited edition umbrella sold by Jonas helps fund a clean water well at a school in Africa. Their goal is to provide clean water to children will help them grow, learn, and play