Admission is competitive and based on an applicant's academic preparation and performance, GMAT/GRE scores, work experience, strength of recommendations, and essays.
- Online application with $75 non-refundable application fee
- Resume (upload through the online application system)
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one professional; one may be academic)
- Two essays (upload through online application system)
- Discuss why you have applied for an MBA, why you have applied to GW, and how completing an MBA aligns with your short- and long-term career aspirations. (Limit to 750 words)
- Discuss a person, event, or experience that has significantly shaped your life. (Limit to 500 words)
In a separate addendum, you may explain any academic inconsistencies, gaps in your work history, or unique circumstances you think the admissions committee might question. There is not a word limit, but please be concise.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended
- Official GMAT score (GMAT code: QK4-4F-21) or GRE score (GRE code: 5246). Test date must be within past five years.
- Personal interview by invitation only
- Applicants who have not completed a degree in a country in which English is the principal language must submit one of the following: an official TOEFL score of at least 100 (internet-based test) or 600 (paper-based test), or an official IELTS score of 7.0 with no individual band score below 6.0. Test date must be within past two years. Please note: The Accelerated MBA program can sponsor an I-20 for an F-1 student visa.
Accelerated MBA Deadlines
*March 15 for students requiring an I-20 for an F-1 student visa
**There is no spring admission for this program
||Application Complete By
School of Business
The George Washington University
2201 G Street, NW
Duques Hall 550
Washington, DC 20052