The European Union Research Center
The European Union Research Center (EURC) of the George Washington University (GW) is a joint initiative of the School of Business and Public Management and the Elliott School of International Affairs. Established in 1998, the Center is housed in GW’s Institute for Global Management and Research (IGMR).
Its primary mission is to pursue multidisciplinary policy based research focusing on the economic, political and social issues of the European Union (EU), especially on the interaction of public and private sectors and its implications for the global economy. In addition to research, the Center main mission is to promote policy dialogue.
Its primary purposes are to promote scholarly and policy-oriented research and discussions on the European Union (EU), its member states, and U.S.-EU relations. The Center’s multidisciplinary focus encourages analysis and policy dialogue on these topics in a variety of fields, including politics, economics, business, finance, law, science and technology, public management, public health, and others. In pursuit of these goals the EU Research Center seeks to:
- Engage in research projects commissioned by business, government agencies and other institutions;
- Provide funding for GW faculty, students and external collaborators to facilitate research and professional exchange;
- Publish a series of occasional papers for distribution to a wide academic and professional audience;
- Maintain a web site with links to important sources of information about the EU and related topics;
- Enhance teaching and public education on the EU and related issues;
- Establish ties with other research centers dealing with the EU in the United States and Europe; and
- Promote communication and collaboration on EU issues among universities, think tanks, the U.S. government, the diplomatic corps, businesses and other members of the research and policy communities of the Washington, D.C., area
For further information please contact the EU Research Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.