The mission of The George Washington University School of Business is to have a lasting intellectual impact by:
- Offering quality education through innovative programs which provide theoretical frameworks and real-world learning experiences.
- Engaging in rigorous scholarship that advances knowledge in the management of organizations in the global environment.
- Contributing as a local, national and global citizen.
We do this within a community built upon respect, integrity and active engagement.
The George Washington University School of Business will set itself apart as a thought leader at the intersection of the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors. We will be recognized for advancing knowledge on the role of organizations in the global arena. Our graduates will possess the multidisciplinary knowledge, critical-thinking skills and ethical standards to make a positive impact on economies and societies.
The School of Business’ strategic goals address three areas that translate the School’s mission into specific strategies, programs and initiatives. We aspire to enhance the School’s reputation and prestige among internal and external stakeholders through recognition, accreditation and rankings.
We offer a distinctive educational experience to prepare global business leaders through a portfolio of niche programs that emphasizes academic rigor, learning outcomes, and teaching excellence in both delivery and content.
- Extend to undergraduate students outstanding multidisciplinary educational opportunities that develop business competencies.
- Provide graduate students with exceptional programs that prepare them to become business and community leaders.
- Support a high-quality doctoral program that produces future faculty that will be research active and committed to teaching excellence.
- Design and offer innovative, forward-thinking and customized executive education programs that enhance participants’ careers.
- Support students with superior services in academic advising, administrative services, co-curricular activities.
- Offer excellent mentoring, career planning, and placement services.
Intellectual Contribution Goals
We engage in scholarly research that contributes to the creation of knowledge for improving the management and performance of organizations.
- Advance knowledge through impactful research in functional business areas.
- Develop cutting edge research and policy expertise at the intersection of the public, private and not-for-profit sectors.
- Foster the creation and growth of collaborative research that contributes to multidisciplinary scholarship.
- Establish relationships with external organizations to create innovative research opportunities.
Service and Outreach Goal
We engage as citizen-leaders in the communities of which we are a part.
- Cultivate strategic partnerships (government, business, multilateral, not-for-profit) for the benefit of the community at large.
- Forge global academic partnerships both inside and outside the university.
- Establish a presence in world regions that will be significant in the future.
- Build an expanded alumni network while deepening alumni connections to the School’s programs, students and services.
- Strengthen our presence in the metropolitan Washington, DC, area.